Chapter Five

Oh, my goodness.

I threw my hands over my face and groaned. I just agreed to a date with him.

I didn't even mean to. Great, just great!

"Yo, where did he go? I wanted to meet his cute *ss." I looked up to see Aaisha walk out the door with her hands in the air.

I shook my head at her and walked inside. She followed me in and asked me hundreds and hundreds of questions about him, all of which I answered with only a few words. I didn't want to go into detail about him or make her think I was serious about him. He had a mate and I was not going to get in the middle of that. It seemed like way too much drama for me.

I would go on a date with him tomorrow, but that would be all. If he was actually nice instead of who he was earlier this morning, I would consider being friends with him, but I was doubting I would like him very much.

After Aaisha asked me about my night, she told me about hers. Apparently, she spent it with the Alpha of one of the packs nearby. She said that they got down to business and that she was going to see him tonight.

I was so happy for her. She didn't get second dates that often because no guy could handle her amazing personality. She was right to the point, loud, and outwardly sexual. Hopefully this alpha guy wouldn't break her heart or I'd have to break him. Well, I would get Luca to do it. He was a lot stronger than I was, but I'd make sure to step on him with my shoe when Luca got him in a choke hold or something.

The rest of the day seemed to fly by, but my mind kept wondering back to Damon.

He was so handsome and just perfect, but he wasn't a good person. I couldn't like him, but I kept finding myself daydreaming about him. I finally pushed him out of my mind and helped Aaisha get ready for her date.

She was waiting at the window when he arrived. "Mae! Mae! He's here! He's here!"

"Dang, try not to seem so excited," I laughed. She answered the door before he even knocked and let him come in.

He was tall and built with sandy blonde hair. He had small, barely noticeable freckles on his cheeks.

"Mae, this is Richard. Richard, this is my girl Mae." I smiled at him and shook his hand.

"Well, got to go! Don't wait up for me tonight. You know what I'll be doing." Aaisha aggressively winked and nudged me. I said my goodbyes and was left to an empty apartment.

I crawled into bed and fell into a long sleep, thinking about him.

I woke with a start as I heard the front door clicked closed. I padded to the kitchen to meet Aaisha who barely looked like she was dressed. Her bra strap was hanging halfway down her shoulder and her skirt was hiked up, almost to where you could see her butt.

I smirked at her. She gave me a smirk back and walked to her room. She looked exhausted.

"Oh, hey Aaisha. Before you go to sleep, I wanted to ask you if you saw Luca. He didn't come home at all yesterday and I'm worried about him."

She shook her head and retreated into her room.

I know the day after Luca goes home with someone, he never feels good about it and he didn't come home at all yesterday, which was not a good sign. I decided to go find him, to make sure he was alright. He probably was at the gym where he could get all of his frustration out through hitting punching bags and dummies.

I opened the door to the gym to smell sweat. Inside was Luca. He was alone and furiously punching the bag. I walked over to him.

"Luca," I said, trying to get his attention. He kept pounding away on the bag. "Luca." I said a little louder.