Grades

Noah and Jacquie are not dating

Noah's Pov
It was just another day in the studio. We were all stretching our sore muscles from when we'd gone full out at least twenty times from the previous day. I wasn't sure if I had regionals in me!

Although, there was one strange thing going on; Jacquie and Zara weren't there. They were always here on time. I wasn't sure where they were. Being dance captain and all, I felt the need to know where each dancer was.

"Has anyone seen Jacquie or Zara?" I called out in hope of a useful answer.

"We're here," Jacquie's voice spoke from the entrance of the door. "Sorry we're late."

A small grin appeared on each of their faces. It was subtle, but noticeable. I thought nothing of it though, girls confused me.

As soon as they began stretching, Michelle and Emily walked into the room. They hadn't noticed that the two friends were late, but who cared?

"Noah," Emily began, grabbing my full attention, "I hope you don't mind but we'd like to do a sort of game today."

I shrugged, showing that I wasn't bothered. Besides, I doubted that anyone wanted to do more core workouts, although I wasn't sure why everyone hated them so much....

"We want two girls to choreograph a dance and two boys," Michelle said.

"We have chosen Noah and Henry for the boys and Jacquie and Zara for the girls," Emily finished.

"Captains, pick your teammates."

Henry gave me a fist bump as he walked over to me. I laughed a little and we decided to let the girls pick first. This sounded fun!

"Lola," Zara said, welcoming her new teammate with a smile.

"Josh," Henry beamed.

"Piper!" Jacquie exclaimed.

"Amy," I said.

It went on like this for a few minutes until our teams were filled. The girls' team consisted of Lola, Piper, Heather and Richelle. Ours had Josh, Amy, Kingston and Ozzy.

"There's one last thing we should mention," Emily smiled, "you each have to choreograph snd rehearse in this room together."

Bit unfair.

"Good luck!"

And with that, they left.

********

Ugh. She was driving my head in! I couldn't take it anymore! I let a groan in frustration as I stared at the girls' team. Jacquie and Zara wouldn't stop giving corrections. It was doing my head in!

"Come on Richelle, turn!" Jacquie yelled to Richelle, who was dancing perfectly fine.

I was about to say something when she spoke again.

"You'd better make it as a dancer," Jacquie said, turning her head towards Zara.

Richelle looked confused.

"What are you talking about?" She asked as she stopped dancing.

"Well, what else are you going to do?" Zara smirked, crossing her arms as Jacquie walked over to her bag.

She pulled out a piece of paper and walked back. Clearing her throat, she began to say, "Didn't you look at your report card Richelle? What's this? An F in Maths, an E in English, a U in the Sciences and Gs in everything else! I guess you'd better become a dancer then!"

Jacquie smiled as she carefully put the paper in Richelle's bag. What was wrong with her and Zara?! How could they do that to Richelle?

Silence fell over the room as everyone saw what they had done. Richelle bit her lip and stared at the floor. I'd never seen her look like that before. She looked sad and defeated.

"From the top!" Zara shouted, putting the music back on.

We all just stared at her in shock. Richelle quickly walked out of the room. She didn't even seem angry, just upset.

"Jacquie, Zara, how could you do that?" I yelled with vexation.

Jacquie just rolled her eyes. Ugh! She made me so mad! I'd had enough of her, so I stormed out of the studio in hopes of finding Richelle.

I went to see if she gone to get some water or a juice, but she hadn't. She was just sitting at the table, twiddling her thumbs. She looked so disappointed in herself.

"Hey," I said, grabbing her attention, "can I sit?"

She nodded her head, looking back down at her fingers.

"Richelle don't worry about it," I tried to comfort her.

"You don't understand," she began, looking up at me. "She doesn't understand. My parents are going to kill me! I tried really hard to revise, honest! But I can never understand the questions properly."

She huffed.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean no one knows that I'm dyslexic okay!"

She seemed aggravated.

"Richelle, calm down."

"But now everyone knows that I'm a failure!"

There was a small pause before I suddenly had an idea.

"Listen, meet me here after dance every night and I can tutor you! I mean, if you want to. You don't have to."

"You'd do that for me?" She smiled.

"Of course! Besides, these aren't your final exams are they?"

"No..."

"Then that's settled! Me me here every day at five o'clock."