Richelle, Stop!

Noah's Pov
The wind gently brushed past my face as I strolled along the side of the road. It was deadly silent. There were almost no cars traveling. No planes flying. No people walking. Who knew that this town could be so quiet at six in the morning?

Yes- six. Emily had decided that it would be a great time for all the dancers to start practice as early as possible. She wanted to start at half six, even though we all thought she was crazy.

It was a spectacularly sunny spring morning, so I decided to walk to dance. Besides, I only lived twenty minutes away.

My lips parted as I began to whistle a quiet tune, watching the cool air as it disappeared before my eyes. It was sunny, but freezing. My cold body had started to regret that I'd chosen to try snd save the planet today.

I was only a couple of blocks away from my destination, when I suddenly heard some sort of shouting. I stopped. My heart began to race a little. What was going on? I was in the scariest part of town; the part where all the crime was. But it was six in the morning, surely nothing would be happening now....

"Fight! Fight! Fight" was constantly being chanted.

I did not want to get caught in that. It was terrifying to think that people in street fights here were usually pretty badly injured. A fifteen year old boy got killed in one a few years back. It's why I was always too scared to walk to dance.

As soon as I turned the next corner, I saw it. But this was not what I expected to see. Was that.....Richelle?

Two girls were going at each other: punching, kicking, pulling each other's hair- the lot! I was taken aback as I watched them, trying to get a closer look. There was a circle of people surrounding them, each of them moving their fists up and down to try and keep the chant going.

Yep! That was Richelle alright! The girl she was fighting with flung her to the ground, hard. But Richelle got up. She started punching her as much as she could before the girl could fight back again. The thing was, the weren't stopping. They were both getting more injured by the second. I never got involved with things like this, but I didn't want either of them to die.

Quickly, I dropped my bag and ran over to the group. I grabbed the other girl by the collar and threw her to the ground, knocking her into a few people in the crowd who all stared at me in confusion and disgust.

I turned back to get Richelle, but she was on the floor on her all-fours, coughing a little.

"Sorry to break this up but someone was going to get seriously hurt," I yelled at everyone.

They all just sighed and began to leave, including the girl Richelle was fighting with.

I turned back to Richelle once they were all gone. She was panting, heavily, sitting on the floor with her hands glued to the ground.

"Richelle!" I began to shout. "What on earth were you doing? A street fight? Are you kidding me! You could've been seriously injured! And we have rehearsal in....ten minutes!"

She stared at the ground. Had she even heard me?

"Richelle!" I yelled once more, leaning down to her level.

"She came at me, okay?"

"What?" I asked in confusion, trying to get her to look at me.

"She started picking on me! I wasn't going to let her get away with it!"

"So you risked everything you've ever worked for to win some stupid fight?"

"Oh come on, Noah, you're be ridiculous."

She stood up, not looking at me and began to walk towards her bag.

"Am I? Because what if I came along here ten minutes later and found a dead body? What if I found you dead on the floor? Hm? Richelle you can't mess with these people!"

"I would've won."

I sighed in frustration as she began to open her bag. How could she pretend to act all tough? She was just being plain stupid. I was so angry at her, and she wouldn't even look at me!

I marched over to her, grabbed her by the shoulders and twisted her around. A gasp escaped my mouth.

Blood dripped all down her face. From her nose and her lips. She had a black eye and huge scratch marks down her cheeks.

I took a step back.

"Richelle......"

"Noah I'm fine," she turned back around to face her back, pulling a tissue out and began to place it on her face.

"No, you need to see a doctor."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do."

"What do you care? You aren't my mother."

"Richelle you're hurt and you need help! Just accept that, please. Besides, what's everyone at the studio going to say when they see you?"

She took a deep breath and paused for a moment.

"What's everyone going to say when we're late?" She asked.

"I'll just say we took the bus and it was late."

"You aren't going to stop annoying me until I see a doctor, are you?"

"I just don't want to see you faint half way through the day because you have a concussion."

She sighed.

"Okay....let's go."