It Wasn't Your Fault

*Noah and Jacquie aren't dating*

Noah's Pov
An awkward silence filled the room, even the dust had scarpered. This was a bad situation. Well, I guess it wasn't bad for me. Richelle, Jacquie and I had been paired up to do a trio together for an upcoming competition. Thank goodness we'd been given choreography or my head may have exploded from Richelle snd Jacquie bickering. I could picture it now.

But, that wasn't happening. In fact, nothing bad was happening. I mean, I knew that Jacquie didn't like Richelle and vice versa, but I thought something would've happened by now. I mean where was Richelle's sense of anger? Where was the attitude? She didn't even say anything when Jacquie corrected her!

That's why it felt awkward; Richelle wasn't herself. Sure, I didn't want a fight to break out, but something a little entertaining could've happened. I could tell Jacquie took no notice of that, but maybe I was just thinking about it too much.

"Why don't we go again?" Jacquie suggested, slightly panting from the last run. "This time, don't mark it, Richelle."

My head turned towards Richelle. She wasn't panting or out of breath. I could tell that something was off. She clearly wasn't going full out, but I didn't want to call her out, it's embarrassing. Her golden locks hid her face as she stared at the floor, nodding.

"Okay then," I began, getting into formation, "let's go!"

Jacquie switched the music on before quickly running into her position. We started dancing but, once again, Richelle started marking the routine. I let out a sigh and stopped dancing, as did Jacquie.

Her mouth opened, about to say something to Richelle but I quickly jumped in, "Why don't we take five? Go get a drink."

Jacquie sighed. "Sounds good to me."

Her eyes trailed Richelle as she strolled past her, squinting her eyes. Richelle began to walk towards her bag, pulling out a bottle of water and taking a swig. This was my chance to find out what was going on with her.

"Hey," I smiled, walking towards her. "How are you finding the choreography?"

She just nodded, avoiding me, not even looking. My smile turned into a frown. I'd never seen Richelle like this before, or anyone for that matter. It was almost as if she seemed afraid, like I was going to hurt her. Ii was getting more concerned by the second.

"Everything okay?" I questioned, stepping a little closer to her.

She backed off a little, nodding her head.

"Do you mind me asking why you're marking the choreography?" I asked, maybe a little bluntly, but accidentally bluntly. "Richelle if you don't go full out now, how are you going to know that you'll be ready for the competition?"

Richelle hated being called out for not working well. She was such a hard worker, and doing something wrong or not completing it just wasn't part of her.

"I'm just a little tired, that's all. I'll be fine tomorrow, I just," she stopped herself.

She stopped herself from opening up.

"You just what?" I gently placed my hand on her shoulder, but she flinched and pulled away.

"Woah," I instantly said, putting my hands up like I was surrendering. "Richelle what's going on?"

"Nothing Noah! You just....scared me."

I didn't say anything. I just stared at her, wondering what was going on. Something was very off about her.