Meeting Keefe Sencen

Heyo! New chapter up and ready here for ya! Hopefully I can get the next one soon!

Sophie sighed deeply as she shakily stalked down the hall towards the medic's office. Why oh why did the worst things always happen to her? On her first day too! Sophie foster had officially proclaimed herself as the worst alchemy student ever during second period. She thought she had done well at first, until the instructions oddly told her to WHAP her concoction—which of course she did. And it may or may not have ended up with her getting burns—and setting her Alchemy teacher's cape on fire.....

Letting out another sigh, Sophie turned the corner, only to stop suddenly when she saw a boy sitting on the bench nearby. As he looked up at her, Sophie got a better look at his uniform and realized that he was two grades ahead of her. He had messy blonde heat, ice-blue eyes, and was very handsome looking, without a doubt. Sophie felt her self blush instinctively, something she always did when she was in the presence of cute guys. The boy smirked, got up, and walked towards her. "Well, hello there," he said grinning a rather mischievous smirk. "I don't think we've ever met before—actually, correction: I know that we're never met before. Unless my photographic memory is faltering," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

Sophie raised her eyebrows. This boy had a photographic memory too? She felt herself release a small breath of relief. Good—she didn't want to be more of an anomaly in this school then she already was. "Yeah, it's because I'm new," she said, blushing again when she saw him studying her eyes openly. The boy seemed to snap out of his slight trance and shook his head a little. "Oh geez, sorry about that. Just never seen an elf with brown eyes before," he said, grinning at her. Then his eyes widened and he snapped his fingers. "Oh yeah, that's right, your the new girl! Uh, Sophie, right? Sophie Foster?" He asked, looking at her for clarification.

Genuinely surprised that people already knew her name, she nodded her head. He grinned again, running a hand through his hair. "Well, Foster, I'm glad you came by—otherwise you wouldn't be able to see the big, handsome load of magnificence—that is me, of course," he said, winking at her which made her cheeks flush again. Smirking, he made a little bow. "Keefe Sencen is the name, m'lady," he announced, the smirk on his face growing wider; the reason for that, probably being because Sophie's face was starting to share the same shade of that of a tomato; and the reason for that was because Keefe was a boy—a very attractive boy—and he was still talking to her and she couldn't figure out why. No one liked to talk to her—especially not cute guys like him. So why would he? Another thing that fed into her confusion, was that she thought she knew his name from somewhere—which made absolutely no sense at all, considering she had just met him—so why did his name sound so familiar to her?

Keefe suddenly jumped back a little, breaking her away from her thoughts. "Whoa is that just me, or are you feeling a whole lot of confusion there?" He asked, fanning the air around him. Then he stopped abruptly and looked at her strangely. "But I didn't even touch you...." he murmured, just making Sophie even more confused. Once again he started to fan the air around his face. "Yeah, okay—it's you. It's definitely you," he said, shaking his head as if he couldn't believe it—whatever 'it' was. Meanwhile, Sophie was done being left out of the loop. "What are you doing?!" She suddenly snapped, flinching at the tone of her voice which came out much sharper and harsher than she wanted it to. Keefe looked at her, as if he had finally noticed she was still there. "Oh," he said, shrugging a bit, "right, I forgot to tell you—I'm an empath—I can feels emotions," he told her, and Sophie nodded her head, her furrowed eyebrows relaxing significantly. Now it all made sense.

Or apparently it didn't, according to Keefe because as she relaxed her eyebrows, Keefe's own started to furrow. "The thing is, we sense emotion from touch—but I can feel yours from not even touching you," he said, looking thoughtful. Then he grinned. "That's weird, but cool!" He decided, shaking his hair out of his face. Sophie backed away from him as she thought how the he looked even better with his hair even more messed up, and she didn't want him to feel that—not any other emotion. She likes to keep them to herself, and knowing that people can just figure them out with a slight touch—or in this case, getting into her proximity—it worried her; a lot. But Keefe just snickered. "Relax Foster; I'm not going to just sense you emotions anytime I can. It's only the strong ones I can feel from a distance," he said, which made her feel a little better—only a little.