20:00

"What color did you say your heart glowed?"

"Navy blue."

Jellal stared at the scarlet-haired girl momentarily. "Oh. I see."

What the girl didn't notice was the faint flicker of a smile make its way across his lips.

~ ~ ~

The guilt and frustration continue to build up within me, even after two weeks. 

The spring season has fully matured, and the rains are heavier than ever. Being cooped up inside does nothing to help rid me of my edginess, and I'm sure, soon enough, my friends will notice my glum attitude. 

What's to be optimistic about? I'm useless. I can't solve the Lisanna case, can't confront my soulmate with the truth, can't purge the awkwardness between Mira and me. I can't even meet Ultear's eyes. My grades are dropping as I slowly enter a downcast slump.

Then, one day, a note appears. A sheet of paper, crinkled in the corners, sits on top of my desk at the front of our dorm room. The first time I glimpse the paper, I don't think much of it; it could be Lucy's for all I know. 

I feel a spark of fear and curiosity. 

"Could it be...from Lisanna's murderer?" I think aloud. I tentatively reach for the paper when a sudden thought strikes. 

Are they in this room? Are they...watching?

My fingers brush against the scrap of paper.

A death threat?

I gulp, but quickly make up my mind. It turns out the note is nothing but a little bit of poetry.

"The place of lace and love and grace."

What.

"Poetry? You too?" Lucy asks skeptically, closing the door behind her. She peers at the note over my shoulder before throwing her lanyard, phone, and purse onto the bed.

"What do you mean, 'too?'"

"Jellal was mumbling something poetic under his breath a few minutes ago. I passed by him on the way here."

"Hmm. Lucy. Do you know any places that are lacy and filled with lovely...things?"

"Victoria's Secret?" she asks nonchalantly.

I nearly choke with surprise. "Ah..no..." I desperately attempt to delete all memories that had taken place last year at the local lingerie store, Victoria's Secret. 

"Oh, you mean on campus? Well, Heartfilia Garden could be considered a lacy, lovely place." She pulls a face. "In my opinion, it's ugly, but whatever."

"Wait- you have a garden named after you? Here? On campus?" I  blurt out,  my attention temporarily averted.

"Yeah, yeah," the blonde mutters uncomfortably. "It was actually my dad that made the donations after I got into Fiore uni. Naturally, the garden was named after him."

"He seems like a good guy," I say after a moment. Lucy grabs a protein bar from her not-so-secret stash under the desk. "You should...talk to him."

"It's been six years, Erza. I'm not breaking my streak." With a chunk of the energy bar between her teeth, she swipes a towel and some fresh clothes from the closet. "I'm hitting the showers. Wanna go to Fairy Tail after this?"

I politely decline her offer. Looks like I'm going to be checking out Heartfilia Garden this afternoon.

~ ~ ~