Chapter Six

Maxine had always enjoyed heading to Hogsmeade on a weekend that she had nothing to do

Maxine had always enjoyed heading to Hogsmeade on a weekend that she had nothing to do. Whether she was completely alone or with her friends she was always interested to see what new sorts of things the village shops were selling, even if she didn't have enough money to buy anything herself. When the first Hogsmeade trip rolled around Maxine was quick to shove her permission slip into Professor Sprouts hand in order to get out of the school as fast as possible.

"I really want to get a good pair of gloves for the season," Tamsin said, referring to Quidditch. It was very rare that a pair of leather Quidditch gloves would last for an entire season, let alone even six months.

"You always think practical," Heidi rolled her eyes. "I just want to go to Honeydukes and then pass out from too much sugar. It would probably be the first good nights sleep that I've gotten in weeks."

Together the three girls walked down the trail that led from the castle to the entrance of Hogsmeade. Maxine was thankful that the teachers had not decided to forbid the students from going there with Sirius Black on the loose. Even Maxine's parents were tempted to put restrictions on their children on the grounds of what they can and can not do.

Students third year and above flooded the streets of Hogsmeade, rushing into the candy store and the joke shop, even trying to sneak inside the Shrieking Shack. Watching the third years who had never been to the village amused Maxine as it made her think of the first time she and been allowed to go.

At times when Maxine had come to Hogsmeade for the primary reason of just leaving the castle she followed Tamsin and Heidi around. And this happened to be the case nearly every time she went there. At most, Maxine would only have a couple of sickles in her pocket, so what would she buy any how? Half of a sock?

The girls entered Zonko's joke shop, not even remotely surprised to walk in and immediately see a Gryffindor called Lee Jordan kneeling on the ground with on of the Weasley twins standing on his back obviously trying to reach something. Maxine just stared at the scene, not even laughing or questioning what in Merlin's beard they were doing. But Tamsin spoke up.

"Haven't you twats ever heard of a ladder?"

George, who was standing on Lee's back, looked down at her. "Excuse me, Miss Apple-Wanna-Bee Weasley, haven't you haven't you ever heard of minding your own Apple-bee's wax?"

Tamsin's face reddened, this time without the help of a hex, and she clicked her tongue before walking away to the opposite corner of the store. Heidi followed her, cackling loudly. Usually it was her who came up with witty puns. Maxine rolled her eyes and walked around the group of boys. Fred looked at her as she did so.

"What, not going to threaten us because we insulted your friend?" He teased. Maxine rolled her eyes and browsed the shelves of newly placed products.

"No because even I will admit that that was very funny," Maxine said. "But you've already pissed Tamsin off quite a few times the past couple days. Be careful, 'cause she will end you."

"Pfft," George rolled his eyes. "She doesn't scare me." After finally extending his arm far enough he grabbed a box of Never Stop Chewing Gum and threw it down to his brother.

"If you continue to prank her she might. Or she just might prank you back." Without saying good bye Maxine turned and made her way to her friends.

"I'd like to see her try!" George called after her; both Lee and Fred shouted in agreement.

"Max! Merlin's beard, you are a genius!"

Later that night Maxine was with Tamsin and Heidi in the common room, Gavin and Cedric were lounging around with them. Tamsin had finished ranting about the encounter with the Weasley twins and Lee at Zonko's when Maxine had repeating what she said to them, Tamsin pranking the Weasley's as a way to get back at them.

"Not really," Maxine mumbled. It was almost eight thirty, and she was tired. Tamsin's shouting didn't help.

"I kind of agree with Tamsin," Gavin said, looking up from unraveling a piece of thread from his t-shirt. "It would show them who not to mess with."

"Exactly!" Tamsin laughed and ran a hand through her red locks. "I mean it doesn't have to be anything extreme, I just want to knock those Weasley's back on their ass."

Maxine leaned back against couch, letting her head fall back so she could stare at the ceiling. "Even if you did decide to do that, I doubt you know any creative hexes or spells that you could catch them off guard with. And you would never be able to find anything in Zonko's. I'm sure they own at least to of each of the products ever sold there."

"That's what the library is for," Tamsin rolled her eyes. "There are loads of books just dedicated for unusual spells that will cause complete and utter humiliation."

Heidi laughed sarcastically. "Honestly Max, after spending all your time in the library I figured you would know this."

"I don't go to the library to read, I go there to sleep."

"Okay, next time you go there, I'll tag along with you. You sleep and I will find a spell to ruin the Weasley's reputation of never being pranked," Tamsin said.

"If that's what you want to do with your life, then by all means."

Tamsin had taken Maxine's words to heart and was making it her lifes mission to find a way to prank the Weasley twins. After classes when Maxine slept on her favorite couch in the back of the library, Tamsin looks for spells and hexes that would make Hogwart's most famous pranksters question themselves.

It was almost too easy to say that Tamsin was in way over her head.

"Max," Tamsin would whine on numerous occasions. "Maxxie."

"Whaat," Maxine would respond, half asleep.

"Which is better? Changing their hair color like how they changed the color of my face, or making slime come out of their mouth every time they said a certain word."

"Tamsin, I don't care."

This would annoy Tamsin. Because according to her, it was Maxine's job to assist her in bringing the downfall upon Fred and George Weasley. Maxine was also her best friend, so by the rules of her being so, it was only fair for her to help. Eventually, Tamsin had given up on researching spells and instead decided to think of previous pranks used on her and alter them to make them her own.

Guys I desperately need ideas for stuff to write. If anyone knows any good plot shop books lmk or you any of you readers have ideas that you would share with me that would be great. I just need a plot buddy :///