Chapter Eight

After George Weasley caught fire in the Great Hall, Halloween night only continued to get more interesting

After George Weasley caught fire in the Great Hall, Halloween night only continued to get more interesting. Only moments after heading to the Hufflepuff common room woth the rest of her house, Maxine was surprised only to be summoned back to the Great Hall by Professor Sprout.

"Do you think it has something to do with the prank?" Tamsin had begun to panic, her stroke of confidence after what she did in the Great Hall was completely gone. "Oh Merlin, what if we are in trouble?"

Heidi immediately scoffed. "We? Excuse me, if anyone is going to get in trouble it's going to be you. Max and I had nothing to do with this."

Maxine rolled her eyes. "Hell, even if we did have something to do with this, our entire house isnt going to be called to the Great Hall because of a stupid prank."

But of course it wasnt just the Hufflepuff's who were requested down to the Hall. Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin were already swarming the entrence of the Great Hall, everyone except the Gryffindors looking confused as ever.

The head of houses stood in front of everyone, serious expressions painted across their faces as they murmured quietly to one another.

"Whatever this is about," Maxine mumbled to Tamsin, "I don't think it's the prank."

The Headmaster did not go into extreme detail as to why all the students were there, only saying that the staff needed to search the school and that the head boy and girl would be left in charge. After a wave of his wand, the tables of the Great Hall were pushed up against the wall and purple sleeping bags littered the floor. "I'm afraid all of you must spend your night here until further notice."

The teachers left, and head boy Percy Weasley ordered everyone to find sleeping bags and head to bed. Maxine, Tamsin, and Heidi each grabbed a bag and dragged it towards the wall under a window.

"What do you think happened?" Heidi snuggled into her sleeping bag before groaning and muttering about being stuck sleeping in her skirt and robes.

"Dunno," Maxine sat on her sleeping bag and leaned up against the wall. "But it's likely something serious. Otherwise we wouldn't all be stuck in here."

As Heidi and Tamsin continued to come up with conspiracies as to what could be going on, Maxine couldn't deny that she was too curious. Strange things were always happening at Hogwarts but of course there was always a reason behind them.

A few feet away in the corner three third years huddled together whispering. Everyone knew who they were, do to the fact that for the past three years something extraordinary always happened that involved them. Maxine looked at the three for a moment before picking up enough nerve and leaning over.

"Excuse me," she said quietly. The two boys and girl looked over to here along with other surrounding students. "Do you know what's going on? Think you can tell us why we are all here?"