048

i don't know how award shows work so pls ignore everything that's incorrect thanks.
also this sucks bye.

When Jackson's car arrived at the red carpet, he just about demanded his driver turn back around and take him home. His heart felt like it was going to beat right out of his chest and he started to get jittery.

He was nervous. Very nervous, actually.

How was he supposed to act? What was he supposed to say? Was he supposed to greet Jaebum comfortably with a kiss on the cheek or a hug or was he supposed to greet him respectfully with a bow and a handshake? What?

Jackson had admired Jaebum for a long time, almost since JJP debuted, actually, so Jaebum was his senior in the industry; it was nerve wracking to not have a clue on what to do.

"Okay, I'm ready, no I'm not but too bad for me, here it goes." He whispered to himself reassuringly to see if that helped amy and then shot a smile at the driver. "Thank you."

When his door opened he immediately smiled, face lighting up as he got out of the car and headed to where the staff was directing him towards, feet feeling heavy and heart still drumming frantically in his ears.

At the first yell of his name, Jackson almost jumped in surprise but managed to not do so and instead turned in the direction of the call, smile widening as he waved at the gathered fans.

It was probably silly but his heart raced even faster when he saw all the JJP slogans most of them were holding in thier hands. That made it real, he was meeting Jaebum, and Jinyoung, for real. Holy fuck.

He was ushered to walk the carpet, his smile still in place as he did so while waving at the fans, doing cute little finger hearts along the way as the cameras flashed repeatedly.

When he stopped on the little stage where he would be asked questions by the carpet host, he felt calmer, if only a bit, and tried relaxing enough to not look so tense.

"Jackson Wang, welcome to MAMA!" The host said enthusiastically and Jackson greeted her politely with another grin. "It's your first time attending, how are you feeling?"

"Nervous mostly. Uhm, I'm excited to be among so many talented people, people I admire and look up to music wise so it's very thrilling to be here. I'm very grateful that i was invited."

"Did you come to perform? Or are you just presenting this year?" Her smile was warm and Jackson was a bit thankful for it as he was able to respond comfortably.

"I'm not performing this year, just presenting an award. That's okay though. It's such a new experience I think I would be beyond nervous if I were to perform today."

"Yes, I imagine it could be overwhelming." They laugh and she waves her hand towards the back. "Is there anyone you're most excited for seeing today?"

If it were possible he felt like he almost choked on the breath he was taking, but he managed to not. "Uhm, there's so many great idols here tonight that I'm excited in seeing, but I'm especially looking forward to Monsta X, BTS, EXO as well and JJ Project."

As soon as the last part left his lips, the screams were deafening, his surprise came in the form of a loud laugh and pinkening cheeks as he waved again and giggled softly.

"It seems like many people are here to see a lot of great performances today. Well, thank you for your time, I hope you have a great first experience."

"Yes, thank you!"

With that he was guided off the stage and lead to the actual building the award ceremony was going to be held in.