Chapter Thirteen

Kakatapos lamang ng ginawang briefing para sa pag-alis nila ngayon papuntang Baguio. Halos wala naman siyang naitindihan dahil lutang ang utak niya. Sabayan pa ng wala siyang tulog dahil sa kakaisip niya kung ano ang gagawin niya sa oras na magkaharap sila ni Walter.

"Are you ready to go now?" Tanong sa kanya ni Siege.

"Ahmm.. Yeah sure."

"Are you okay? Is there something wrong? Are you afraid of heights?" Sunod-sunod na tanong nito.

"No I'm not. I am used to ride planes so I don't have any problem with heights."

"Then why do you look like something's bothering you? You don't look well and you are nervous, why?"

"Well, I'm just tired and I lack sleep because of my loads in the OR, but I am fine. Can we just go now?" She dismisses him.

"Whatever."

Then she rolled her eyes on him.

He assisted her to the elevator to reach the rooftop.

"Boss, bakit ako lang ang inaya mong sumabay sayo?"

"Eh sa ikaw lang ang gusto kong kasama eh." Sagot nito na nginitian pa siya.

"Why??.. Wait, are you hitting on me? Coz if you are then I suggest you better stop it. I don't want to enter any form of relationship. I don't want any complications right now and I don't have time for this. In short, wala kang mapapala sa akin." Diretsang sabi niya rito. Hindi na siya nagdalawang isip n sagutin ito ng prangka para hindi na ito umasa pa.

"Whoah!!! Jeez lady, are you for real??Inalok lang kita na sumabay para hindi ka na din mahirapan sa pagdrive, then you'll accuse me of flirting you? Wag ka nga feeling dyan!" Sagot nito na umiiling pa.

"Mas magandang nang malinaw, ayoko lang na umasa ka. And I know you, when it comes to women. You love to play around and like I said, I don't have time for fooling around and definitely I don't have time for love. It is such a waste of time." She knows she sounded bitter but she doesn't care.

"Tsk! You are too judgmental Barbs. Why do you always think the worst of me huh?!"

"Oh It's because I always saw you with different girls almost everyday."

"What can I do when they are the one who comes to me first? They can't help it because I know I'm too damn hot!" Sabi nito sabay kindat sa kanya.

"Wow! Feelingero ka talaga!" Sabi niya habang nakasimangot.

"You look cute when you do that."

"What?"

"You look cute when you pout your lips like that." He said and smiled at her.

"Cute is for girls"

He chuckled. "I really like your company, and I know I'll be safe with you."

"Safe? With me? What do you mean?"

"I know you won't fall for me. Unlike most of the girls that I met, we just had one date, imagine, one date and they expect us to be in a relationship. I can't stay in a serious relationship, because I don't want to be tied down. I also don't want any complication in my perfect life." He said seriously. "So I guess, we are clear."