C H A P T E R 5

"Hoseok?? What's wrong???"

Hoseok lifted his head, looking up at his hyung Seokjin who looked back at him in worry.

He pursed his lips as he stared at the cold floor he was sitting on in the practice room. Seokjin approached him slowly with a juice cup in his hand, and he sat in front of him, crossing his legs.

"Don't you want to eat with us?" Seokjin asked, a bit of worry clear in his tone.

Hoseok hugged his knees and tried to maintain the tears that threatened to come out; he hated being seen like this, so weak and sad. He always tried to be the cheerful one and looked at the world from another angle.

But his hyung was worried about him when he shook his head in refusal as a response.

Seokjin put the cup down on the floor and held Hoseok's face in his hands, playing with his cheeks as he forced him to look at him.

"Why is my Hobi so sad to the point that he doesn't have any appetite for foood?? My food that I just made??"

That earned him a light chuckle from Hoseok as the air in the room felt light again for his lungs.

Seokjin removed his hands, then, knowing that he would let whatever was bothering him off his chest.

"It's just that I... Made a mistake by telling someone the truth. And they felt hurt because it was a hard truth."

Seokjin then frowned in confusion,"but how can you do a mistake by not lying and merely saying the truth??"

Hoseok shrugged,"it's something that could hardly be believed. And I'm afraid I hurt that person by saying that. So, I don't know what to do; should I keep insisting on the truth or should I lie to them as an easy way to earn their trust? Because lying right now feels more believable than the truth."

Seokjin now blinked at him, obviously too confused by all this,"h-huh? You're so confusing that I don't even know how to help you out! You made me doubt my own name!" He laughed it off, filling the room with his ringing laughter.

"You know what, Hoseok, do what you see best. Even if you lied to them to make them feel better, eventually, they'll know that you were telling the truth long ago and things will turn just right. You just have to believe it, because no one would ever hate you. And if they did, then it's because they're blinded by all your light that you emit."

Hoseok slightly blushed,"aww, Seokjin, thank you."

"And of course, they wouldn't be able to resist my charms that they wouldn't be able to see anything," he laughed loudly, getting a hard shove from Hoseok that he fell down on the ground, still not able to stop his noisy laughter.

Hoseok's lips curled up, letting out a soft chuckle at his hyung; sometimes, he was really wise and seemed fair for his own age. But at other times, he was just too childish to deal with.

"I'm Worldwise handsooome!"