Josuke x Reader: A Tutor

"Josuke, are you paying attention?"

"Hmm? Oh...yea! Of course, (name)."

You squinted your eyes, "Ok, what did I just say?"

Josuke's eyes darted everywhere but your eyes, a nervous grin on his face, "Uhh..."

"Josuke," you frowned in disappointment, "You need to pass this arithmetic test."

The teen pouted his lips, "It's just so boring though."

"Do you wanna fail?" You said, raising your voice in frustration.

Josuke rubbed his neck, still avoiding your hard glare as he caught your hint of anger, "No..."

You looked at your student: His pouting lips caught your eye, their subtle plumpness sending you into a daze. Damnit. Why was he so cute? You sighed in defeat. You could never stay mad at Josuke. Even you had to admit, this was lame.

"Wanna take a break?" you said, in a much more pleasant tone.

Josuke lifted his bright blue eyes and slowly smiled, "Really?"

Your eyes rolled, "Yeah," you closed your textbook, "c'mon you dork."

Josuke stood, all too eager to leave his seated prison.

~

You munched on a bag of chips, staring out onto the Morioh landscape from the serene rooftop of the school. Josuke, who was sitting uncomfortably close to you, sipped his grape-flavored soda. It had been at least a month since you started tutoring the quirky teen and it was getting harder and harder to maintain a platonic relationship with him. He was such a flirt, it was almost impossible not to swoon at his adorable smile.

A sudden strong breeze made you recoil, wishing you had brought a hoodie.

"Are you cold?"

You looked to Josuke who had a suspicious smile on his face. You had to consider your answer carefully. Josuke was always scheming...ah, what the hell. He'll probably just give you his jacket, right?

You pulled your arms in, "Yeah, a little."

Josuke's smile widened and he suddenly began to shuffle behind you.

"What the hell are you doing?" you said as he positioned himself behind you.

The jerk didn't say a word, his arms wrapping around your shoulders while his long legs stretched out from your sides.

"Josuke...!" Your cheeks immediately bloomed red as you felt his breath whisk your hair.

"Are you warm now?" he whispered. The softness of his voice calmed you for some reason and you found yourself relaxed by his touch. He definitely was warm, but you couldn't find your voice, so you just nodded.

Josuke chuckled. The bastard chuckled! Damnit. You had underestimated Josuke again. The penalty? To spend the rest of your break huddled up with this massive teen. Though, to be honest, it wasn't that bad. It's not like you hadn't daydreamed about this situation before.

Still, you were just supposed to be his tutor. You had to remind yourself, but...

You lifted your hand to touch his, letting out a sigh of bliss as you leaned further into him, his smile grazing your head.

You couldn't help yourself. You sat there in Josuke's warm hold, a tiny smile on your lips.

~

"Same time tomorrow," you stuffed your books in your bag, "Don't be late, Josuke."