Jotaro Kujo x Reader: Return

A/N: Soooo i decided to discontinue my Jotaro x Reader collection for now. I just think they would do much better here than in their own work. I hope you guys don't mind! Thanks so much for staying with me despite my current inactivity of this book! I'll post a chapter about that next so yeah! >0<)//

Once again, you were alone for the night, cooking yourself some of your favorite food: Kraft Mac and Cheese. You sighed and poured the noodles into the pot, the racket of the pasta somehow calming you like a baby's rattle. Your eyes glazed over as you stirred, thinking of nothing else but him.

Jotaro had been gone for a couple of days on a research study with a few colleagues. You hated when he left, but what were you going to do? Force him to abandon the job he loved so much? No, you always supported him no matter what he did. Jotaro was intelligent, reasonable. You trusted and respected his decisions despite your inner protest to this one.

Just as you were in the middle of thinking, the house phone rang out, you nearly jumping out of your skin. You slammed down your stirring spoon and practically ran to the phone, almost dropping it as you fumbled to pick it up.

"H-Hello?" you said, your heart racing in anticipation.

"Hey."

A shaky smile spread on your lips as Jotaro's voice sounded so sweetly in your ear.

"Oh, hi, Jotaro. Umm...what's up?"

There was a brief rustling on his end, you imagining him probably putting down the paper he was reading.

"Nothing. Got back to the hotel a while ago."

"Oh," the quiet tone in his voice let me know he was tired, "How was work?"

Jotaro hummed, "Good. We're making progress."

"Ah", you proceeded to sit on the couch in our living room, laying down and resting your arm on your stomach, "That's good."

There was a long silence, the distant sound of boiling water being the only thing you could hear. You were used to Jotaro's stoic demeanor, but right now you wanted to hear his voice more than anything else. Tears started to play at the corners of your eyes, an aching pain arising in your chest while your stomach danced queasily. You nabbed the fabric of your shirt in a desperate attempt to calm yourself down, but you couldn't stop what rolled out of your mouth next,

"I miss you..."

The shakiness in your voice was barely noticeable, but you were sure your perceptive husband picked up on it. Damnit. You felt so embarrassed. You didn't want him to hear you in such disarray. You didn't want to sound like some needy child.

Your thoughts were silenced by a long, rather breathy sigh. Your chest warmed when you heard it. You knew it better than anyone.

I miss you too...no matter how damn annoying you are, it gently said to you.

Your face warmed as you sat up once again, bringing your knees into your chest. An infectious smile invaded your lips, your brows furrowing in the struggle to not let the tears in your eyes trickle down your ruddy cheeks.

"I love you, Jotaro," you said just above a whisper, for a split second imagining he was there with you, grumpy demeanor and all.

It was a bit before you heard a faint grunt escape him, an almost tentative grunt like he was embarrassed or something.

"I guess we'll talk tomorrow?" you said.

The quiet man hummed in agreement.

"Bye," you whispered before reluctantly pressing the END button.