Jay x Fem. Reader

Requested by KikoTheCreepypasta
I have to admit Jay is hard for me to write for.  I may end up working on things more, and writing another Jay fic outside of requests.  Despite that I hope you still like the story.
Relationship: Friends to lovers

~•🌸•~

     (Name) looked down at her feet.  They were barely covered by her old, thin, worn down shoes.  She sighed at the sight, but quickly straightened out, and got back to working.  She needed the job she had, loading boxes onto delivery trucks, in order to help keep her family financially afloat.

     Neither of her parents had had the education that the job market demanded of them now a days. (Name) could never blame them, but with how things were going it looked like she would end up in the same place as them when she eventually went out to live on her own.  She was worried she might even have to leave the country to find work and send money back.  It wouldn't be the first time she would have to do that either.  All her worries made her reminisce of when life was just a bit easier.

     (Name) thought back to when she was twelve, and when she was in school.  Her parents had moved into the area a few months before, and she was eager.  In previous years she would be absent from school for weeks at a time, so getting to go made her happy.  It didn't matter what happened or what was being taught because to (Name) learning was a privilege. The other kids never knew that though.

     Making one of her first friends ever was (Name)'s favorite memory of her younger school days; before she was a drop out.  She made friends with a quiet, but polite Jay Hong who she sat next to in class.  She had put in the effort to talk to him and it payed off.  Most of the time when she would put in effort to speak with someone they would reject her. 

     Despite how her family lived her parents never wanted their daughter to be looked down upon.  Because of this they gave her nice clothes, managed to get all the books she needed, always made sure she got three meals a day, and made sure she ate first.  The facade was what made people think when she was out of school it was by choice, or that it was to work on a big family business.  (Name) knew it was important to her parents to uphold her reputation above all else if possible.  For that reason she never gave herself away, or stopped giving one-hundred-ten percent, or refused what they gave her.

     She had never made a friend besides Jay Hong before that day, but afterwards a couple more came trickling in.  She never outgrew her first friend, Jay, and they were friends throughout the rest of the school year.

     When the end of the school year came, so seemed the end of their friendship.  Neither one wanted it to, but work for both of them got in the way.  (Name) put all she had into getting money, and Jay was taught his family's business.  Although Jay didn't pry and find out about (Name)'s family life, she knew quite a bit about his.  Her family didn't take money from loan sharks or friends, so she never asked for told Jay their financial troubles. She knew he would have tried to pay it for them. Eventually the lack of communication over their break lead the two to drift apart.

The sad though of her former best friend made (Name) want to stop thinking about the past. She quickly used her sleeves to erase any remnants of sadness that could be on her face and moved to pick up a large cardboard box. She could tell by the feel it was filled with clothes, and fancy ones at that. She only figured the second part though because of the store the shipment was going to.

     After a few more hours of loading and unloading cardboard boxes (Name)'s shift was over.  Brushing (hair color) hair out of her eyes and sweat off her brow (Name) headed out.

     Walking home (Name) noticed how lovely the sky was that afternoon.  She saw it everyday, as she worked from 3:20am to 1:15pm, but it seemed to be nicer than usual.  Listening to to the cars drive by (Name) continued down the street passing by several shops and stores. 

     While walking past a store a peculiar noise  caused her ears to prick up.  It sounded like an alarm was going off.  Turning around to see what was happening (Name) came face to face with a panicking black haired boy who, if had not been hunched over in worry, would have towered over her with his height.  (Name) had been tense until her eyes landed on him.  It was clear he wasn't stealing, and a tag had most likely been accidentally left on a piece of clothing in one of his many bags.

     Not seeing the boy help himself (Name) walked towards him.  Just as she planned to advise him to go back in the store an all to familiar face showed up.  A blond haired Jay Hong exited the store, and tried to comfort his panicked friend at that very moment.

     Watching the scene before her unfold (Name) stood quietly.  She stood their until she was noticed by her old friend. He stood up straight and looked back at her.

"Hello Jay," she said somewhat quietly.

Jay responded the back the same thing in his own silent way. (Name) felt her heart flutter while looking at him after their years apart. He was almost the same just a bit bigger and taller than before.

"I see you're out and about. I'm guessing he's your friend," she said relaxing a bit to get into a conversation.

     After a pause Jay  nodded "yes" furiously, and (Name) could see his face getting a bit pink.  She laughed to herself thinking about how he must have felt embarrassed for zoning out.  She remembered the amount of daydreaming he had always done as a child.  (Name) figured the habit was still around.

     She extended her hand towards him.  He took it and they shook in a relaxed manner.  "It's been such a long time since I've seen you.  Why don't you call me and we can hang out later," she proposed.  The blond was quick to agree.  And so reunited the friends began to see each other more often falling in love with each other as they did so.  Soon after their renewed meeting (Name) and Jay began a new romantic relationship.  It was warm, and the two realized how much they had truly missed each other during those years apart.