04

Ayleks:

The sun burned my eyes while I woke up unhappy. My body ached of dehydration. I walked to the mirror and saw the puffiness of my eyes. I looked horrible. I opened my phone and read the texts on my screen.

___________

Trippie14: Morning princess

Kat👅: We should smoke tdy big head

___________

I cringed at Micheal's text. 'Princess'. My mind remembered last night and how Jerome called me the same thing right before he hurt me. My eyes began tearing up once again, but I forced them back. I remembered I had school in less than half an hour, I needed to get ready.

I didn't have the energy to try and look decent today so I threw on some over sized clothes and kept my hair natural. I gelled it somewhat to keep the frizz under control. I wore no makeup and matched my joggers with some of my old Jordans I had laying around.

My mind ached to be relieved of the pain and stress it was holding. I thoughtlessly rolled myself a fat ass joint. I lit it and continued to get ready for the miserably day I had ahead of me. I frequently took hits from it.

My phone was blowing up with snap chats (mostly streaks). I took a quick, effortless picture and sent it to the few people I agreed to have a streak with.

 I took a quick, effortless picture and sent it to the few people I agreed to have a streak with

I debated on even going to school. I knew though that if I missed any more my chances of graduating this year will be slim. I was already on thing ice. I had been caught twice with weed in my backpack and missed 32 days this year, not to mention all my tardies.

I finished off my joint before grabbed my bag and sulking out the door. I could already tell the day was going to be hell. My mom lived with me, but she was really distant. Me and her had always been. She was there for me when I really did need it but personal stuff was something me and her never discussed.

My father was never in my life. Never. My mom has never told me anything about him and just gets pissed off when I try to bring him up. So instead I left the topic alone. 

It was cold walking to the bus stop but I had plenty of clothes on. My bus came fast. I hopped on and walked alone to the back, which I rarely ever did. Today I didn't feel like talking to anyone. I felt disgusting and last night wouldn't stop popping up in my mind.

———————

"You're late again to my class Ayleks. One more time and it won't be just a warning."

I was always late to 6th period. It was pretty normal but everytime I was my teacher would flip out on me. I saw everyone's eyes on me and I could feel my anxiety already kicking in. I tried my hardest to not react and just walk myself to my seat. So I did just that.

Mrs. Debuke continued her lesson. I ended up drifting off. I hadn't been paying attention to anything until I heard something that caused me to become alert.

"Yeah apparently she gave Jerome head in a parking lot last night."

My head shot to the back of the room where I noticed a group of girls who I had never got along with huddled up exchanging the latest drama. A few of them started laughing when they saw me turn around so fast.

"Guess it's true." One whispered.

I felt my anxiety kick in again.

Jerome had told people about it? What happened to me not being aloud to tell people? Now i'm a slut to everyone. Soon everyone will know. What if Kay hears about this? She'll hate me forever.

My mind was spinning and I began to shake. I tried to fight back the tears building up but it was no use. My breathing was scattered.

I was having an anxiety attack. I rarely ever got these. The teacher noticed me and immediately looked concerned.

"Ayleks! Are you okay?"

I let out a little huff of air and I tried to look calm. Everyone was staring at me.

"C-can I p-please go t-to t-the clinic?" I already had my backpack on.

The teacher nodded quickly and without hesitation I ran out the door. Instead of going the office though I fell down against the wall in the hallway and just broke down. I couldn't believe what was happening right now.

Life literally couldn't get any worse.