Part 4

Months have passed but no one knew of Harry's reason for his monthly departure for some days. Remus and Hermione on the other hand has started to find a pattern in his sudden disappearances. His absence always revolved around the full moon. After the war, Harry has never spent the full moon at home. Their was certainly not a definite time period of Harry's seclusion but he always was away on full moon nights. But both of them denied to accept the immediate reason. So they just thought he wanted to spend these few days to enjoy the nature alone. But a lingering doubt nagged the back of their mind.

It was a full moon night. Remus and Sirius were out for their normal routine.

"Hey Remus, let's go to the other forest that is on the outskirts of the village. Just for a change. I will like to roam through that forest also. The night strolls highly motivates my Gryffindor mentality." Sirius finished with a smirk.

Remus rolled his eyes. "Okay, I don't see any problem." Remus conceded finally. Even he wanted a change of surrounding.

Sirius and Remus apparated to the forest outside the village and waited for the moon to appear. At fall of the first moonlight, Remus gave a whine which soon changed to howl as the transformation took place. But the thing that caught them was there was a distinct sound of another loud howling, not very far away. After the transformation was over Padfoot looked at Moony with concerned eyes. Moony looked at him with tensed eyes.  They stood there for sometime before they heard another howl which quite sounded like a calling out of other pack members. Moony gave a low whine and took to the opposite direction with Padfoot at his tow.

Harry smelled Sirius and Remus right after his transformation was over. As he was now fully controlled by his werewolf nature rather than human, he wanted to get near them. They were his pack members. He called out for them but there was no reply. So he started to search them. He started following their scents and tracking them. But the scent changed its direction very often and he couldn't quite locate them. Whenever he was a bit close to them, he lost the scent. After sometime he could again locate them but was very faint, and he would have to start again.

Sirius and Remus on the other hand kept running from one end to other. They were terrified of the result of what could happen if the other werewolf found them. They could hear the repititive howls of calling and they became more terrified. By the end of the night, when the sun rose, they were exhausted. They quickly apparated from there. As they entered Grimmauld Palace, they both retired in their rooms.

Harry came back the next day. But when he came back his expressions were grim. He once again had dark circles and had different cuts covering him.

"What happened Harry?" Hermione asked as soon as he noticed the condition of his friend. Harry didn't answer. He quietly went straight for his room. Everyone in the room grew puzzled about his actions.

"What's the matter with him again?" Draco asked quietly to the rest of the room.

"I don't know. It's like someone attacked him. He was covered in cuts and bruises." Hermione cried out. Just then Remus and Sirius entered the room. They looked around and saw that everyone wore either a concerned or worried look.

"What's going on?" Sirius asked confused.

"Harry's back." Ron said quietly.

"But why are you all looking sad?" Remus said in a puzzled tone.

"He's covered in cuts and bruises. He didn't even talk to us." Draco answered quietly. Sirius and Remus' eyes widened.

"WHAT?" Sirius yelled. Remus remained quiet. He quietly walked up to Harry's room.

"Harry! It's me. Can you please let me enter?" Remus called out. He was feeling terrible. For sometime there was no reply. Remus was going to call out again when the door clicked open. Remus entered the room slowly and closed the door behind him. He saw Harry was lying on the bed with his head pressed into the pillow. Remus slowly neared him and sat down on his bed.