Chapter Seven

It's been two weeks since Dean told Cas he loved him. They haven't talked since.

With every day that passes by, Castiel starts feeling worse. He's also been stealing a lot of cigarettes from Lucifer's room. He finally found out how to smoke them without nearly dying, and now they bring Cas relief of stress and sadness.

Anna feels none of the things Cas feels, she took the breakup with a few swearing words and some tears, but after a couple of days she was her old annoying self again.

Dean Winchester has been doing fine, or so it seems. He smiles at the people he passes in the hallway, he tries to not fail tests and he even started drawing again. But on the inside, he feels so alone. He just wants to hold Castiel, feel the touch of his lips again and listen to all the things Cas would be saying to him right now if Dean would not have been so stupid that day.

Castiel walks through the crowded hallways. He looks at the teenagers passing by. There are lots of happy people, laughing about their friend's joke or talking about the most irrelevant things. Seeing people having healthy friendships makes Cas realize how lonely and unstable he is. And then he sees something that makes him even more miserable.

Dean Winchester leans against a locker while his 'friends' talk to him about whom they hooked up with last weekend. But Dean doesn't care about the jocks and their girlfriends, so he just fake-smiles and pretends to look interested.

As Cas nears the group, he catches one of the guys staring at him. It was the boy who stopped his friend from causing too much drama in the diner. He has a friendly face, curly hair and bright eyes that look both green and blue. For a second Cas could swear that the boy smiled at him, but then things got out of hand.

The tall, blond one turns around and makes eye contact with Cas. "What are you looking at? Freak."

Castiel's clenches his fists and he tries to shut out the world around him as he turns his head, but the jock is giving him a hard time.

"Are you still friends with that creep?" he raises his voice as he asks Dean.

Dean can't bring himself to reply, so he just makes an awkward head movement while staying silent.

Then the tall boy turns around and looks at Cas, who is desperately trying to escape this situation by walking faster.

"Don't walk away now, weirdo." he teases, but then someone cuts him off. But it's not Dean. Dean's too scared to speak up.

"Stop it, Caleb." It's the boy with the fluffy hair who eventually stops the Caleb guy from talking for a second.

"Shut up Finn. You're the younger brother, which means I can command you and not the other way around, you little brat." he opens his mound again, this time to insult Finn.

"Cut it." Dean suddenly says, he glances at Cas for a second but then he turns to Caleb.

"Oh, so you can speak now? Back off, Winchester."

"No, you need to shut your annoying mouth. You were harassing Cas." It takes Dean a lot of courage to say that, since he's usually always the quiet one of the group.

"He's a gay loser, he was just asking for it." Caleb laughs, he doesn't realize how incredibly stupid he sounds.

But with those words, the guy crossed the line. Dean didn't know what to do and his mouth just couldn't bring out a sound. Why did he have to be so bad with words?

Within the few seconds Dean takes to hesitate, everything gets out of hand. Cas snaps and jumps on Caleb with such anger, he pushes him against the locker and the jock's mouth drops open. Then he starts laughing, because Castiel, who's smaller and less strong, is trying to start a fight with him. Dean doesn't know what to do, he just stands there frozen, shocked by Cas' temper. But Cas knows better and Caleb's laughing turns into a soft moan when he gets one of Castiel's fists in his stomach. He swings his hand in Cas' direction but because of his slow reaction, Cas gets the opportunity to kick him in the balls as hard as he can. Caleb groans in pain, and Castiel assumes that Caleb would give up, but then he punches Cas in the face. He can taste some blood in his mouth and he starts feeling dizzy, but then the fight gets interrupted by the principal's scream.