11: Just Like Old Times (Part One)

Kyle's POV

Friday - Second Break

"Anyway Keeny, tell me all about your HPE lesson! I would love to hear all about it!"

It's day four of angelic Cartman. i
It's driving all of us insane, including Stan.

We came to a compromise with stan: he'll sit with Wendy during the first break, and with us at the second.

He's currently to my right, digging into the horrific excuse for spaghetti that the canteen serves for lunch. Even something as simple as eating can look gracious when he's doing it.

I'm sleeping over at his house tonight, and I'm really excited. It's been a while since I've stayed over at anyone's, let alone Stan's place.

RING

"For fucks sake!" Stan exclaims, cursing at his half-eaten food.

"Eatitinclass." Kenny stands up, shoving his phone into his coat pocket and giving Cartman a dirty look.

"I have HPE, I can't." Stan answers. He locks the lid on the tupperware container and throws it into his bag.

The four of us walk from on end of the oval to the other, entering back into the main part of the school.

"Hello, Kyle!" A voice chimes; I
it's Gregory. He's standing behind me holding several notebooks and a juice box.

"Oh hey... babe..." I almost gag in my mouth. We agreed that 'terms of endearment' would help with the realism aspect of our relationship, without forcing us to do anything physical. It's still gross though.

I nod to the guys before intertwining hands with Gregory, and walking off to chemistry together.

I think our 'relationship' is becoming more believable. More and more people are genuinely convinced we're an actual thing. It's hilarious.

We enter the classroom, take our assigned seats and start reading over our notes.

Hopefully this will distract me from the excitement that lingers tonight.

***************
After Class

"I'm to be at Christophe's house today." Gregory states, a warm grin planted upon his face.

"Sweet, I'm going over Stan's." I reply, returning the smile.

Our hands are once again intertwined. Lots of people will see us because we're walking out of school; it's a great time to be intimate.

I spot Stan leaning against a tree on the outskirts of the school; he's on his phone texting someone... ah, he saw me.

I quickly say my goodbyes to Gregory before wondering over to Stan, who's still on his phone.

"Hey dude!" I greet, standing next to him. He looks up at me, before shoving the phone in his pocket.

"Hey man, let's get going." Stan and I leave the school grounds, accompanied by several other students who are as equally excited for the weekend.

I packed a spare pair of clothes for the nigh-, fuck. I didn't put them in my bag! I completely forgot!

"Shit, I forgot to bring extra clothes." I mention, still walking alongside Stan.

"It's cool, we're about the same size anyway, right?" Stan shrugs it off, not giving a shit about my misfortune.

Can't exactly complain though, can I? Getting to wear your crushes clothes is like a dream. Heh, maybe I should accidentally forget my clothes next time too.

Once we arrive at Stan's house we head straight up to his room. It's pretty empty now that he's a teenager. No Terrance and Phillip posters, no action figures, no nothing.

"So whadya wanna do?" Stan asks, lying on his bed, checking his phone.

Why... is he checking his phone so much?

"You're the one who invited me over." I chuckle, also flopping down on his bed.

He laughs to himself, turning to smile at me. He's so fucking beautiful, the way he smiles and laughs... God this is so cliche.

It's even worse because I know I don't have a chance with him. These damn feelings won't go away!

"We can play on my PlayStation or something?" He suggests, rolling over on to his stomach.

"Yeah, good idea." I simply reply. I stand up in unison with Stan. We head out into the living room where the console is set up.

"Are you still not allowed to keep it in your room?" I ask Stan, who's connecting up the wires to the television.

"My dad likes to play it in the dead of night, and I got pretty sick of him sneaking into my room just to play on my ps4 at two am, so I dumped it in the living room instead." He explains, throwing me a controller.

"Wow, I don't have to worry about that shit." I'm actually not that suprised, Stan's dad does some pretty crazy shit in his free time.

I sit down on the couch, Stan shortly joining me. Our game is loading, we'll probably play whatever one's already loaded up.

This is just like the old days, before feelings had to come up and make things complicated between us.

****************
Later That Night

"Are we gonna do anything tonight?" Stan asks, chewing away at the pizza we ordered.

I swallow, freeing my mouth to talk. "I dunno, do you have a curfew?" I ask. Stan thinks for a moment.

"Probably before midnight? I've never tested it." he replies, shrugging.

"Okay, well I'll do whatever you want. It's your choice." I stand up and dump the empty pizza box into his comically small bin.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick, grab some clothes out of that drawer over there." Stan points to a chest of draws, before he leaves the room temporarily.

I wonder over to the the draws, and start going through them to get some clothes.

I kneel down to the bottom one to grab some shorts. I'll find some janky old ones that he probably doesn't wear anymore.

Wait, wait the fuck? Is this a bottle of Wine? It's empty... why does Stan have an empty bottle of alcohol in his shorts drawer?

Stan doesn't drink, I would've noticed his change in behavior... right? Maybe he's hiding it.

But it's empty, It just has a tiny amount left in it.

It's probably for cooking. That's the story I'll tell myself. I'll also just... pretend I didn't see anything. If he wanted me to see it he would've left it out in the open.

Wait. Why the fuck would he need to use it for cooking.

Shit, I think Stan's coming back up the stairs.

Stan suddenly bursts through the door. "Dude, we should go and sneak into someone's pool." He suggests, a mischievous light glimmering in his eyes.

"We'll get our asses kicked!" I laugh, sitting up from Stan's bed.

"But it'll be worth it! And we'll get to go swimming~." He rolls his hips slightly, trying to persuade me into agreeing.

"Fine," I sigh, a smile creeping up on my face. "Who's pool are we gonna sneak into?"