Round Two - Yellow Belt

Racing round the corner at full speed, Anna's high heels met with the steel stairs with an echoing, rattling sound. Internally cursing her choice of footwear, she desperately tried not to slip over. If she got caught by government officials because she fell down the stairs, she'd be the laughing stock of the secret service for the rest of her life.

"Stop right there, Lady Morrison!" A guard shouted, appearing at the bottom of the staircase.

A tiny smirk twitching at the corner of her red lips, Anna couldn't help smugness. They still don't know who I am.

Without even pausing to consider the guard, she leaped straight over the handrail and let herself drop down the remaining few feet. The guard was slow to adapt, taking far longer to turn around than any professional should. By the time he'd readjusted, Anna had opened the fire door and raced out, into the busy city night.

Hit in the face by a rush of cold air, Anna didn't pause for a second. She could hear the sounds of several guards racing after her, and knew that more than one of them would certainly be armed.

Charging down an alley, scrambling over a gate and landing on the quayside, she'd never been so aware that the future of the country hung on whether or not she escaped with the files in her briefcase.

A loud volley of barks exploded through the air, an alien sound in the middle of the city. At the entrance to the quays, lights, sirens and the arrival of seemingly the entire local Police force had begun to attract public attention.

A whirring sound alerted her to a helicopter overhead.

She could feel torchlight on her back as the chasing pack smashed through the gate. Situation be damned, that was disrespectful.

The boat was barely twenty feet away. She could do this.

The Policeman appeared from nowhere, blocking her route to the escape vessel. The bright, flashing lights showed that he had a gun in his hand. Trained directly on her.

"Surrender and hand over the case now, and your life will be spared."

Anna stood tall, keeping her face impassive.

The world seemed to pause, hinging on her response.

"Justice will not be stopped by killing me."

In the split second it took for her words to resonate, a shadow-clad figure appeared from the depths of the boat, firing off a shot into the back of the Officer's head. At the same time, Anna charged the final few feet to the boat, which was already starting to move away as she did so.

"Is Carl safe?" She questioned, slamming the cabin door shut.

Her associate grinned, "Nice distraction. Everything is proceeding as planned."

AN: 444 words this time. Quite far under the limit, for me. Best of luck everyone :)