Round Nine - Black Belt

Diving out of the way at the last possible second, Emmi collapsed to the floor some feet below, catching herself as best she could and trying to ignore the stinging pain of concrete coming into contact with her bare skin. There was a resounding clatter from where she had been only seconds ago, as a chair crashed against the ring post.

Emmi lay still for several more seconds, until she felt someone grab hold of her hair, attempting to pull her back to her feet by using it. That hurt far more than a controlled fall to the concrete, and knowing her opponent as she did, Emmi suspected the pain was being intentionally inflicted. She hated that people still booked her in matches against her sister - the mutual dislike between them was well-known. It wasn't like she had a whole lot of choice in whether or not she took the bookings she was offered either - Lola did have that choice and Emmi was sure that Lola did it purely to spite her. It wouldn't be the first thing Lola had done to intentionally hurt her sister.

Emmi allowed her twin to then grab hold of her arm, dragging her limp body back up to her knees, before shooting a glance at the crowd members sat behind the nearest barrier. Emmi had her eyes narrowed, so that they appeared almost closed but were open enough for her to be able to see what was going on. Lola gestured to the people in the audience, who quickly vacated their seats, some of them pulling their phones from their pockets, pulling bags, drinks and food out of the way as they moved.

Lola tugged Emmi's shoulder again. Emmi stumbled back to her feet, swaying slightly and trying to look as if the only thing keeping her upright was her twin. Lola nodded, gripping Emmi's waist and running towards the barrier. Emmi allowed herself to be thrown over the barrier, crashing to the floor below. As she fell over the barrier, she caught Lola's wrist. Stumbling slightly, Emmi got back to her feet, before dropping back down to the ground and hurling her body back towards the barrier. The movement forced Lola into the air, flipping her cleanly over the barrier too and loudly onto the concrete below.

Emmi got back to her feet once again, dragging her sister over to a well-positioned chair, sitting her down on it.

"You all ready?" She yelled, grinning to the crowd, eliciting a huge cheer and some 'yes' chants.

With that, she hopped up on to the barrier, quickly and confidently. She didn't even pause before springing off the barrier, flipping three hundred and sixty degrees before twisting sideways in mid-air and hitting a dropkick that echoed through the air with a resounding crack. Lola clattered away from the chair, back to the floor again. Emmi landed on one of the chairs, catching herself in a handstand, before flipping back to her feet once again.

Brushing several strands of lilac, blue and blonde hair out of her face, the smile she wore as she turned briefly to the audience cheering her name was a genuine. Spotting several small children trying to attract her attention, she bounced down from the chair on which she was still perched and almost skipped over to them. High-fiving them and accepting their compliments, Emmi tried to convince herself that the main reason she had done that was to be nice to the kids, rather than to unfairly use them to get a painful hit in on her sister. She knew which was her main reason. She also knew that she should at least try to be a better person than that.

Petty showboating and fan service out of the way, Emmi turned her attention back to Lola, who was slowly getting back to her feet. Her twin fixed her with an expression of pure hatred. Emmi knew she deserved that, even if it was the only bit of retaliation she'd ever taken against her twin, despite everything she had been put through previously. She caught her sister with a kick across the back, forcing her back down again, this time accompanying her fall with a pained scream.

Emmi bent over her fallen sibling, as if attempting to find the easiest way to pick Lola up. Lola didn't let her. She grabbed hold of Emmi's ankle, pulling her leg out from under her viciously, dropping her face first on to another chair. Emmi left it until the very last second possible to put her hands in the way and twist her head to the side, avoiding breaking her nose on the chair. As quick as a flash, Lola was back to her feet. Fortunately for her, Emmi couldn't see that her twin was entirely no-selling the things she had been through so far in the match.