Chapter 6: Fearful Dilemma

A/N: Here he is ladies and gents: Scarecrow. Remember there's still the others to vote on for the next chapter: Jester, Clayface, Black Mask and Mad Hatter. But anyways enjoy the chapter.

After getting a good 12 hours of sleep it was 5 in the morning. "Holy Spirits of Arkansas. That felt good." You got up, feeling more alive than ever. You put away 3 criminals in 2 days and had 12 hours of sleep. You were ready to head back to the GCPD, so you grabbed your gun and badge instantly bolting through the door and quickly closed it. You went downstairs and saw that it was still night time. The moon was nearly down and there was a nice chill in the air. So with this weather you decided to walk to GCPD. You walked down the streets of Gotham and out of the corner of your eye you saw someone behind you with a trenchcoat and hat on. You didn't focus on it at all and kept walking to GCPD but had that nagging feeling that this guy was suspicious. He/she kept following you all the way to GCPD. You stopped in your tracks and so did he/she, you turned and you saw that the figure was more masculine than feminine. You approached him and said "Excuse me sir, can I help you?" He then grabbed your throat and stuck four needles in your arm and said in a dark and ominous voice "As a matter of fact (F/N), I am going to be helping you." You heard him laughing as you passed out.

Barbara's P.O.V. (10:45 a.m.)
I was driving to GCPD hoping to see (F/N) in private. Ever since I first met (him/her) and seen what (he's/she's) done I've kinda had a crush on (him/her). I haven't told my dad cause that'd be awkward and haven't even told Dick yet. But when I got to the GCPD it was in a frenzy. I entered to see Bullock typing away madly at the computer and my dad right next to him. "What's going on dad?" I ask hoping for an answer. He led me to his office and turned on the TV. What I saw was horrifying: Scarecrow, but that wasn't the worst part. (F/N) was also there, on a table facing the camera.

He said "Wonderful people of Gotham, this is (F/N) (L/N). Recent detective at the GCPD and has managed to put away 3, yes 3, criminals in 2 days. (He/She) has had a knack for putting people away, even out of Gotham. (He/She) has a fear, a fear that I will show all of Gotham. A fear, that will come to light and turn it into darkness upon this city. Because whatever (his/her) fear is, it will become true. So," he turns to (F/N) and continues "what do you fear?" The TV then turned off. My heart was racing and dad said "Scarecrow is dangerous and has made a threat upon Gotham. I sent out forces to find him and bomb squads are being deployed." Dad said "Gotham is pulling a small evacuation, if we can't find (F/N) I want you on that bus." I nodded my head and hugged him quickly. I whispered in his ear "Find (him/her)." Dad said "I will."

I left the building, got in my car and contacted Dick. I said "Dick, he has (him/her)." Dick said "Who has who?" in a confused voice. I said, as I drove to the Batcave "(F/N). Scarecrow has (him/her)." Dick said "Any idea where (he/she) is?" I said "No, I'm coming to the Batcave to get ready. I'm going to find (him/her)." Dick said "I'll be out before you get here, Alfred will be running the computer." I hung up and went as fast as I could to the Batcave.

Your P.O.V.
You awoke in a dark room strapped to a table. You were binded and couldn't move. You were, for once, terrified. You saw what seemed to be a living haystack with needles. You chuckled and said "Hey Johnny boy. How's the fear career going?" Scarecrow looked at you and said "You're not afraid? How so?" You shrug, as close as you can, and say "Guess it's a Keystone thing. Or maybe a (L/N) thing, I don't know." Scarecrow said "The only people strong enough to last 4 doses are members of Batman's gang and myself. Are you Batman? Nightwing? Or are you the dead bird?" You look at him and say "How do you know Robin's dead? Did you kill him?" Scarecrow said "No, but I do know I haven't seen Batman for a while. And judging by your humor you are not a hero." You said "No. I'm a hero. I just don't wear tights."

Scarecrow got closer, you could see his anger radiating off him. He took his needles and dug them in your forearm. He said "Only Batman can survive 8 doses. So you're taking an amount to drive 10 men mad." You didn't flinch, you didn't even see anything. You saw nothing unfold in front of your eyes. Just the same Scarecrow. You were confused and noticed the camera. You asked Crane "Was that a tetanus shot or just for theatrics?" Crane looked at you shocked and said "Impossible. You haven't shown any fear at all, how?" You shrugged and said "Who knows, certainly not you potato sack." Scarecrow was infuriated and said "You MUST fear something! Everyone has a fear that drives them, controls them, makes them who they are." And with that he injected you again. You now had 12 doses of fear toxin and, guess what? YOU DIDN'T FEEL A GODDAMN THING! Scarecrow screamed, and it was all live. You chuckled and said "You don't get it Crane. I don't fear death, criminals, betrayal or even the devil himself. Fear? Ha! Fear is useless." Before Crane said anything a male voice said "I couldn't agree more." You and Crane looked up and saw the Red Hood. Scarecrow said "You?" to which Hood replied "Yep. Me." and dropped down onto Scarecrow.

Batgirl's P.O.V.
I found (F/N)'s location, an abandoned warehouse. I decided to wait for Dick, a paired surprise attack would be much - BANG! Without rhyme or reason I heard gunshots go off. I went in, expecting Scarecrow holding a gun. But to my shock Scarecrow was knocked out and (F/N) was nowhere to be seen. I looked around, hoping to find something or someone, and I did: Red Hood.

He was kneeling down with a knocked out (F/N) next to him. (He/She) was shot. The Hood, surprisingly, was trying to save (him/her). He looked at me and said "Barbara, help (him/her)." I was confused, shocked and in awe that the Red Hood also knew my name. Before I could say anything an explosion went off and everything was a blur. I had no idea who caused the explosion but the Hood and I were working together. We fended off the men for a long time. During the fight the Hood killed some of them. I didn't kill, so I talked to him. I said "You didn't have to kill them." He said "They deserved to die. Not like you served them justice. After they're locked up they go back out on the streets. And who stops them? Nobody." I was about to punch him but he turned to leave and said "Help (F/N). (He/She) needs you." After that he vanished with a smoke pellet.

Your P.O.V.
You felt your gut in deep pain, like someone dug a knife in, twisted it, took it out and did it again. You were on a stretcher and we're heading into an ambulance. The GCPD arrived and called in backup. They apprehended Crane and you were about to go to the hospital. You saw Batgirl thanking the cops and heard the driver say "It's alright (sir/ma'am), everything's going to be fine." and you pass out. And here you thought it'd be a smooth day.

A/N: Well it's about damn time! God, it took me ages to do. Hope you enjoyed and vote for who should be in the next chapter here. Also, vote for what the next X Reader story should be after this in my conversations. Hope you enjoyed it, have a good day/night. :)