Chapter 18: Vengeance in the Night

Your P.O.V.
You entered GCPD to do the unthinkable. Even though you loved it here, you also loved Barbara. As you looked for Jim in his office you couldn't find him, only Harvey. You thought to yourself 'Now it's going to be even harder to do'. You knocked on the door, your heart pounding hard, and you said "Harvey, where's Jim?" He turned to see you, now looking morbid, and said "Jim was taken by Joker last night. I sent out a search squad to find him. That was half an hour ago." You said "Well, it's not looking good on my end either." Harvey said "I heard. Barbara was shot. I'm sorry." You sat down, the weight of the world on your shoulders, and said "Barbara wasn't the only casualty." Harvey cocked his head in confusion and asked "What do you mean?" You said, tears filling your eyes "She was pregnant Harvey."

You could feel his heart sink as your voice started to break. You said "Which will make this even harder to do." Harvey looked at you as you handed him your badge and your gun. He looked at the badge then at you and said "You're quitting?" You said "I'm.... I'm handing it in for now. I need to take care of Barbara and manage to keep my heart in check." You got up, saluted, and said "I'll be back soon Harvey." He hugged you and you hugged him back. He said "Do what you have to do." You nodded and walked out of GCPD, knowing who you were going to see next.

Timeskip
You walked towards where you needed to be. You knocked on the door and was hoping he would answer. You wouldn't want to take his stuff without permission. It was unlocked and you thought 'For Barbara' and entered the building.

It was the same as last time you were here, minus all the rust and dust. You walked by his motorbike and by a few knives, but what you really need was in the back. You opened the door that led to the back and you saw all the firepower needed to take down an army.  You were only looking for three things: a dagger, a pistol and a sniper. Knowing him, he had them. You saw a decent pistol with a spray painted name 'Ivory' and put it on your holster that you kept. You saw a dagger right next to it and put it in your pocket. Lastly there was only one sniper that he kept. But it wasn't there. Then you a gun cock and someone say "Turn around before I shoot you." You said "Nice to see you too Jason."

He didn't expect you to be here and he said "(N/N). What are you doing here?" You said to him "I'm here to get what I need to kill Joker." He said "Let it go. I did." You got closer and said "My fiance was shot and my unborn child was killed by that psychotic, sadistic piece of filth!" Jason backed up and he said "I'm sorry about what happened to Barbara. But killing him will not bring back your child." You said "No, but he won't hurt anyone else ever again." Jason had his sniper on his back and you went for it but he backed up. You said "Don't make me do this Jay. I don't wanna hurt you." He took out his knife and said "You need to stop (N/N). What about being a cop? What will Harvey think?" You kicked the knife out of his hand, spun him around and grabbed the sniper. You said "I'm doing this on my terms. No badge, no cops, no mercy." You started to walk out and Jason said "(F/N). You won't find peace by killing Joker. You walk out that door there's no coming back." You said "Jason, this isn't just for me. It's for Gotham." and you walked out of Jason hideout.

Timeskip
You managed to find where Joker was, the old Stephen Grey circus. It was fully functional and you managed to spot Batman on one of the rooftops. You planned for this. Batman, Joker, Jim, your position. Everything was in place. As you set up your sniper you said to yourself "This is for you Gotham. This is for you Jim. This is for you Barbara." and you awaited the pieces to be set in motion.

A/N: Is it crazy that I've uploaded 3 chapters in 2 days? I think so. Cause there's only 2 chapters left! Holy Christ. Anyways I hope you enjoyed and go vote for the next book in my conversations, you don't have much time left. Anyways, I hope you have a good day/night. :)