Chapter 20: Curtain Call

Your P.O.V.
It was the week after Joker died, everyone was pretty happy. All except for Penguin who you were arresting. After Jim was found Harvey was going to remain Commissioner until Jim felt he could come back. You were in the Iceberg Lounge with Penguin in front of you in cuffs. He said "You know tha' Joker's dead! I wan'ed tha' white-faced, two-timing piece o' piss killed m'self! So you can go an' piss off!" You said "Shut it Cobblepot." You picked him up and brought him to the police car, shutting the door before he could do one of his grandiose speeches. After that you got a call, it was from Barbara. You answered and said "Hello sweet cheeks. How are you?" She answered "I'm pretty good rookie." You chuckled and said "That nickname's still around is it?" She chuckled and said "Yeah. You on your way home yet. I need some help with some of this technology." You said "We just got Cobblepot. I'll be home in about an hour. Ok?" She said "Alright sweetie, see you when you get home. Love you." You said "Love you too honey." and hung up.

Harvey said "Rookie, we can deal with Cobblepot. Go home to Barbara." You said "Thanks Harv. I owe you one." He said "We're even with the Riddler fiasco." You chuckled and said "See you tomorrow Harvey." He said "You too Rookie." You took your car and drove home to Barbara.

You and Barbara managed to buy a new home with a lot of effort, free time, and a man named Bruce Wayne. It was big, spacious and, with Barbara in a wheelchair, only one floor. Barbara wanted to add a second floor just in case you both managed to have a kid or kids. You arrived home to see Barbara with a schematic in her hands and a plate of food on her lap. She heard you walk up to her and she said "Hey, I thought you said it'd take you a hour. It's only been fifteen minutes.". You put your hands up and said "Do you want me to go back to work?" She laughed and said "No, I was only joking around." You chuckled, walked up to her, knelt down and kissed her. She said "So, for our second floor I was thinking of knocking out that part of the roof for the stairs. And having enough space for people to run around and maybe another bathroom up there. And just in case we have guests we can have a spare bedroom." I looked at the schematics and said "Ok, sounds like a plan."

As you both were about to get ready Barbara got a call from Dick. She said "This'll take a moment." You said "Okay." kissed her and she went on with her call. As you wandered around you decided to turn on the TV, you scrolled through the shows and you stumbled upon NCIS, a crime thriller. You were interested in those types of shows and decided to watch it. As Barbara returned she said "We'll, Bruce is doing well. He managed to find a new protege. He didn't tell me who but he seems to have talent." You said "Still being his Oracle?" "Yeah, it's ok. Still would want to be in the field though." she said, some sadness in her voice. You said "I know you would." She said "Well, there's always watching the action." "Amen to that." you spoke as you sat down on the couch. She rested her head on your shoulder and she fell asleep. You whispered "I guess the work will be for tomorrow." You picked her up and put her on the couch and started to fall asleep. The last thing you heard before going to sleep was Gibbs saying "Grab your gear."

A/N: And behold. After all this the book is completed. Now, for the next book I will start writing when I get back. On the 3rd I'm going on a canoe trip with my buddy. I'll be back on the 15 and start writing then. Throughout that time you can vote for the next book in my conversations, there is a poll there. There have been people requesting books here so please request it in my conversations. Anyway I hope you enjoyed the book and have a good day/night. :)