Chapter 8: Bar of Clay and Home of Love

A/N: The lot of you wanted Clayface in here. Ask and ye shall receive. Last vote for a while: who's next Mad Hatter or Jester? Take your pick. Anyways, enjoy the chapter. :)

Your P.O.V.
You and Harvey were in the car, headed to the best bar in Gotham, Harvey wouldn't tell you where he was going but you knew that you were going where the beer was. Harvey said "Look man, I've had many girlfriends." You said "I take it not a lot of them worked out." Harvey chuckled and said "Well not many of them lasted long." You sighed and said "And here I thought we'd be talking about this at the bar." Harvey pulled up to a building and said "Speaking of which, we're here." You peered out the window to see a perfect bar. No broken windows, no vines, and more surprisingly, no people here. You questioned this to Harvey and said "Why's no one here?" Harvey said "Huh, kinda strange. But hey, no drunkies or crazies right?" You said "Amen to that." and got out of the car. Harvey got out and said "Here it is, The Green Sapphire." You went to the doors and said "Well, let's drink Harv." Harvey said "Hell yeah rookie." and opened the door.

You both entered and saw basically no one other than the bartender. He said in a thick English accent "How can I help you folks?" Harvey said "Anything that'll make us drunk, but not drunk enough for a hangover." The bartender said "You got it." He went into the back to get the beer. You said to Harvey "So, you mentioned a list of wackos yesterday. Can you go over them again?" Harvey said "Ok, sure. Jester, Clayface, Black Mask, Mad Hatter, Scarecrow and Red Hood. Why?" You say "Well, we got Mask and Crane. Hood's on the run. We haven't heard on Jerome, Basil or Tetch. Any ideas where they might be?" Harvey let out a deep sigh and said "Jerome could be anywhere, he's as psychotic as Joker. Clayface could be anyone, we wouldn't know if he was a guy we run by or even the people we talk to. As for Tetch he's probably finding 'Alice'." You questioned "Alice? His sister?" Harvey chuckled and said "You know your stuff rookie." You shrugged and said "I research them all." The bartender came back and got you both big mugs of beer. Harvey payed him and said "Thanks." The bartender nodded and said "If you need anything I'll be in the back." You nodded and grabbed your drink. Harvey drank some of his drink and said "You don't seem to research heroes that much." You drank your beer, feeling it cool your throat, and said "Heroes aren't the bad guys. It's in their name." Harvey nodded his head and said "True. But you've only been here for what 2, 3 days? Not once have you asked about Batman." You shrugged and said "What's there to ask about them?"

You were going to take another sip when the door flew open. Five guys entered and saw both you and Harvey. One of them said "Check it boys, these cop fucks think they can enter this bar?" You looked at the guys who were practically quintuplets. It was odd. But what really took the cake was the fact that a sixth guy came in and you saw his head ripple. It freaked you out and whispered "Harv, get ready for a bar fight with Karlo." Harvey looked at you and saw the six identical men. He said "We can't catch a break can we?" He looked at the guys and said "Hombres," threw his mug and yelled "this is on the house!" Harvey threw a punch and his fist went right threw the guys face. Harvey stood in shock and the guy he tried to punch knocked him out. You decided a more tactical approach. There was a fire extinguisher near you, you grabbed it and sprayed the Clayface goons. They all melted in place. You breathed a sigh of relief and went to get Harvey propped up. When you went to him the goons' ooze formed into a giant puddle. You yelled to the bartender "Bartender! I need help!" The bartender came out and the Clay-puddle moved towards him. It formed onto him and you exclaimed "Really? You had to T-1000 us Basil?" Clayface, now his normal gooey form, said "I love me my movies (F/N)." You saw that there was someone behind him. You decided to stall, so you said "Why're you doing this Karlo? It can't be for references." Clayface chuckled and said "I do this cause a showman offered me the role of a lifetime." The person behind Clayface got up and you saw: Batgirl.

You said "And who might be this showman?" "Hugh Jackman." Clayface joked. You said "Very funny. Who is it really?" Clayface morphed into Harley Quinn, even mimicked her voice, saying "Mistah J will be mighty jealous that you're asking for his mentor." It hit you and Batgirl said "Jester won't pay you sadly." Clayface turned around and saw Batgirl. She had a type of freeze grenade and plopped it right inside him. Clayface froze in an instant. Batgirl said "That'll keep you on ice." You walked up to her and said "That's cute." Batgirl said "I wasn't gonna let you get beat up before dinner tomorrow. I already told Dad to give you a day off tomorrow." You looked at her and said "Really?" She said "Yes, really." You were about to get Harvey some help but Batgirl pulled you in for a kiss. It was short, but felt like eternity. She said "See you tomorrow (F/N)."

After she left Harvey awoke and he said "What the hell? Please tell me nobody kissed me." You chuckled and said "You've been watching too much Avengers Harvey." He chuckled and said "But seriously, what happened?" You said "Clayface is...was working with Jerome. Batgirl intervened. She said some things. And you were right." Harvey looked at you and said "About what?" You sighed and said "About Barbara. I think she might've asked me out on a date." Harvey put his hand on your shoulder and said "Nice play partner."

The next day
You arrived at the Gordon residence. You wore a (black suit, with a tie and fine pants/a nice casual black dress with heels). You knocked on the door and it flung open. You saw Barbara Gordon wearing a white shirt, dark purple pants and yellow sneakers. Her hair was free and she also had a black, thin, bracelet on.

 Her hair was free and she also had a black, thin, bracelet on

She said "Come on in (F/N)." You entered the house, it was a bit small but also seemed very roomy. There was a small table in the room with plates that had spaghetti on it. She said "Make yourself at home (F/N)." You took your shoes off and said "So... yesterday, thanks for the save with Karlo." She said "No prob. 'Sides, you've taken down a lot of criminals throughout the 4 days you've been here." she got closer and kissed you "You deserve a break." Barbara was about to kiss you again but you put a finger on her lips and said "Ms. Gordon have you had a crush on me?" She blushed and tried to hide it, you saw it. She hastily said "Yes." and this time you slightly blushed. It was a new feeling to you. So out of instinct you kissed her this time. She immediately got into it. Her hands rode up your (chest/back) and curved behind your neck. Your hands were on her back, almost hugging her. You broke away from the kiss with a question for her "What'll my boss, slash your dad, think about...us?" She smiled and said "I guess it'll have to be our little office secret." You said "Office secret? You don't work at GCPD." She kissed you quickly and said "I do visit frequently." You said "Ok. I'll give you that." You both let go of your embrace and sat down. At the exact moment you both sat down, the door swung open. Jim Gordon was there and said "Barbara, (F/N). Mind if I join." Barbara said "Of course Dad. It's your house." With that Jim sat down and you three enjoyed your dinner, and you felt closer to the Gordon's that night.

A/N: Whoo. I'm taking a break. A chapter from 3 different books up in 2 days. I felt like the reader catching criminals. Lol. Anyways, if you want head on in my conversations to vote for the next book. Hope you enjoyed and have a good day/night. :)