two•the eldest gilbert

2

2. The Eldest Gilbert
|
HER FACE scrunched up, as she tilted her head to the side. "What do you mean, Mila?" I crossed my arms over my chest leaning on my right leg. "Well, for starters..."

I picked up a strand of her hair, "Elena doesn't curl her hair. Ever. And she doesn't call me Mila. Either my name or Cami. So tell me who you are, girl who looks like my sister." She laughed, before picking up a apple from the table across from the sink. "I'm Katerina Petrova, but you can call me Katherine. And I know exactly who you are."

She bit into the apple, setting it back on the counter. "Camila Gilbert. 18. Supposed to be a sophomore in college, but decided not to go. Co-guardian over Elena, 17, and Jeremy, 15." She walked around me, curling a strand of my hair on her finger, quickly dropping it.

"What do you want from me?"

"I don't want anything from you. Out of all the pathetic Gilbert's, I actually kind of like you." I gave her a simple smile, before walking over to the apple, grabbing it my the stem and throwing it away.

I heard the doorknob to the front door jingle, before Elena walked in. When I turned back around, Katherine was gone. What the hell?

"Elena what are you doing here?"

"Forgot my house keys", she said, jingling them in the air. "Bye, Cami." She walked back out, and a flash of wind blew past me. There was a piece of paper with a number on it.

xxx-xxx-xxxx
Call me. -Your friend, K