five•i don't know who to trust

5

5. I Don't Know Who To Trust
|
HE LOOKED AT ME confused, before sighing. He slowly nodded his head before I slapped him. Stray tears fell from my eyes as I wiped them away. "Why did you lie?"

"Would you have still been my best friend if I told you?"

"I don't know. But don't put this on me. You didn't even give me a chance."

" I know and I'm sorry. But you are the only one who understands me. I can't lose you over this small thing."

"Small thing? Elijah! With all do respect, you are not who I thought you were. None of you are. I read about you on my way here. What you did! What Klaus did! We're you ever going to tell me?"

"I-I"

"That's what I thought!" I ran back to my car and just sat there. I calmed my breathing, before starting the ignition and driving off. As I was getting closer to my home, the car started shaking. As to gain some more control, I gripped on to the steering wheel. Expecting my knuckles to turn white, instead they turned red. My whole hand was red. It wasn't until I felt compelled to scream, that I realized my car was glowing, also. And it was in the air.

On impact, I removed my hands from the steering wheel, and the car fell back to the ground. As soon as it landed, I removed my seat belt, to the point where it broke. Ignoring it, I got out of the car, and ran to my house. I carefully opened the door, but forgot about the creek it makes when it opens. Elena came up to me and hugged me to death.

After she was done, I went upstairs to my room and shut my door and locked it. I looked at my hands to see little tiny red sparks coming from them. I clutched my hands into fists, and slid down my door. What the hell is going on?