Dolores Umbridge and Dumbledores Army

Edited/Rewritten: June 7th 2019

Over days and weeks, Professor Umbridge gave the school more rules, interrogated the teachers, fixed everyone's uniforms to school standards and is an absolute bitch.
Most or all of the students were gathered around the courtyard as professor trelawney was handed bags and suitcases. We watched while the last of the trunks were placed near her. Dolores Umbridge emerged from the school building and announced that our teacher had been sacked. Miss McGonagall went and comforted the crying woman as the schools doors opened yet again, only this time they revealed Professor Dumbledore. The lady in pink, stood in her place with a smug smile on her face. He asked our robed teacher to lead the crying woman back inside of the building and scolded the students and pink woman.

Slytherin were back in the common room ranting about the new rules and changes.
"She's a bitch." I mumbled, hanging my head over the back of the couch, the Slytherin students around me agreed.
"A wizard army against the ministry, my ass. What kind of person would do that?" Pansy asked in disbelief.
"Hey Pansy, do you want to go to Hogsmede tomorrow?" I asked, still hanging off the couch. She looked at me and giggled, nodding.
"Anyone else you wanna invite?" She asked, I thought for a moment and shook my head.
__________________________
We walked through the small village laughing and talking to each other.
"At least fudges slave lets us go here at the weekends." I laughed. We had been wandering around the snowy town for around 2 hours. It was a beautiful area covered in snow. We stopped in front of the building Hermione had told me about. We walked through the door just as Luna asked Harry a question.
"Is it true you can produce a Patronus charm?" Harry stood still as Hermione nodded and Neville bought up a basilisk. He gave us a lecture about real life and school, and that we don't know what it's like to watch a friend die in front of us.

The students gathered began signing their names on a price of paper, noting they were now involved. Pansy and myself were the last people to decide. I smiled to the trio but shook my head.
"I won't tell on you, I promise." I nodded to them and made my way out and back to Hogwarts, with the flower named girl beside me.

"Would you like to learn the Patronus?" I offered to teach her and she accepted, as we entered our common room. We made our way to our dorm room and I placed my coat on my bed.
"Okay, focus and take deep breaths. Think of your happiest memories and recited the incantation. Expecto Patronum." She did as told and thought for a moment, closing her eyes and reciting the words I just said.
"Expecto Patronum!" She chanted, the same blue light forming at the end of her wand, soon drifting and dancing across the room. Slowly forming into a creature. A basilisk.
"Wow...that's an unusual Patronus...it's beautiful." I stated in complete awe. She, too stared at it in a great deal of wander.
"What is it? It's just a snake." I shook my head with a smile.
"It's the Basilisk. A large snake, just like the one Harry killed." She nodded and we headed to bed.

~Christmas holidays~
"I'll see you next term, my flowery friend." I stated in a teasing tone as she boarded the train. As she slipped into a compartment she shouted out of the window.
"Wish you could come too." I chuckled and waved goodbye as the train began to move. I felt someone place their arm on my shoulder and turned to face them.
"More mudblood than pureblood witch?" I asked them. They sighed and apologised.
"I'm sorry, Okay? I didn't mean it, it just kind of slipped out."
"Aren't you going home too, Draco?" He shook his head.
"I'd rather stay here this year." I nodded my head and turned to begin my journey back to Hogwarts, although Draco decided to walk with me and bug me.
"What about you?" I chuckled and replied.
"My parents, pure bloods, both were Slytherin. But I was raised with a different point of view on muggles and muggle born wizards. They're great people, although...my parents are just like yours. The same view points and Deatheaters. So I don't see as much of mine as you do, yours." He nodded and we continued our way towards our house room.
"It's Christmas Day!" I encouraged Draco to smile as we entered the room, only few house members remained. Most of which were our year or above. There were presents under the tree and a few letters on it. I wandered up to the tree and plucked off the letters with mine or Draco's names. Sitting on the couch, I handed him his and ripped the envelope open that I had received. It read...

(Y/n),
We are pleased to tell you that we will be home by your next holiday! But for now we would like to wish you a merry Christmas.
We heard you were accepted into Hogwarts, well done sweetie.
We can only hope you were placed into Slytherin.
Love and hope to see you soon,
Mum and Dad. Xx

I smiled. Filing the page and slipping it back into its envelope, I looked to Draco.
"You good there?" He looked up and nodded.
"You've been quite quiet this year, haven't you?" He sighed as I rolled off of the couch, onto the floor in front of the fire. I stared at it in awe before throwing the letter in it.
"The only difference in this letter was the added bonus of being praised getting into this school." I heard a chuckle behind me and turned to face Draco.
"Something amusing Malfoy?" I asked with a smirk.
"Just that you burn the letters." He retorted. I chuckled and said my good nights before returning to my room.

__________________________
It was time for all the other Hogwarts students to return, but here I was still in bed. I lay in bed sleeping until I heard loud bustling from upstairs. I rolled myself out of bed and headed upstairs in my pyjamas, which consisted of black shorts and a grey tank top. The stone steps were cold against my feet as I climbed the stairs. I could hear girls squealing, greeting each other and hoping the other had a good holiday.
We're not much different from the other houses.
Upon reaching the top of the stairs, I tied my hair into a high ponytail. I wandered over to Draco to ask why everyone was back so early.
"Guess they just wanted to see each other." His reply caused me to roll my eyes, just before I was surprised by a hug from my flowery friend, Pansy. Draco looked just as surprised as I did. We glanced at each other and then the girl engulfing me in a hug. I giggled and wrapped my arms around her.
"Welcome back, Pans." I smiled as she released me and smiled to the bleach blonde beside me.
"Draco." She greeted with a smile. He returned the gesture and greeting. She wandered down to our room to settle back in, as the boy beside me faced me.
"Might want to go change, we have to go soon." I groaned, causing him to chuckled and push me towards the stairs.

I waited outside of a door, watching as Umbridge blew apart a wall.
The students behind it were escorted to Dumbledores office, whereas I stood down the corridor watching as filch hung a new announcement on the wall.
The paintings and portraits were removed from around the school, while classes and detention became stricter. This bitch, treated herself as royalty.
"Seriously! This is ridiculous! She's taken over, she's ruined the school!" I shouted, walking with the trio and Hagrid. We watched as centaurs races across in front of us, as Hagrid mentioned his half-brother. We backed up as he came towards us. He picked up Hermione and kicked Ron. He was quite large, a giant if you must. My ginger friend defended the muggle born witch. We promised that if Hagrid was to ever leave, we would look after him.
We walked back to the school and talked for awhile.