The black lake and merfolk

Edited/Rewritten: June 7th 2019

I walked into the prefects bathroom to see Harry sat in the water, the egg beside him screeching.
"Why don't you open it under the water?" I asked with a small smile as Mertyl appeared and suggested the same thing.
"Hey Mertyl." I greeted and she waved to me with a giggle. Just to my luck, Harry was wearing swimming trunks.
"Mind if I join you?" He shook his head and I stripped off my clothes, leaving me in a (f/c) bikini. I sank into the water opposite him and urged him to open the egg. Mertyl dove into the water and I laughed.
He placed it under the water and opened it, to the female ghosts instructions. I dove under the water, holding my breath as I stared at it and listened, Harry doing the same.
"Come seek us where our voices sound. We can can not sing above the ground. An hour long you'll have to look. To recover what we took." The feminine voice sang.
"Mertyl, there aren't merfolk in the black lake, are there?" Harry asked as we emerged from the water. The ghost nodded and I spoke.
"You can see them and their city from the Slytherin common room." The flirty ghost pressed herself against the boy-who-lived as I hoisted myself out of the water. I picked up the towel I brought and dried myself off before lazily putting my clothes on.
"I'll see you later Harry." He waved an awkward goodbye as I exited the room.

Wandering around the common room, I kept mumbling to myself and seeing mermaids passing by the window. I walked up to the window and asked it what our 'treasures' were. It answered my question by saying that they were something dear to us.
"They?" I sighed and decided I'd sleep on the though and wait til the task to find out what it meant.
__________________________
**************************
It's the day of the task and I walked alone down to the docks, that was until I saw Ginny.
"Ginny!" She turned around and smiled.
"Hey (y/n)!" I walked with her noticing how quiet it was.
"Hey Ginny, have you seen Draco?" She shook her head as we climbed into a boat and set off into the middle of the lake.
"It's odd, don't you think?"
"What do you mean?" She asked.
"How he's not around critiquing people..." The youngest Weasley nodded and it turned out we had arrived.
I pulled off the hoodie I was wearing as well as the track suit bottoms, revealing the same (f/c) swimming costume as when we found out what the task was. I stood beside Fleur, wishing her the best of luck as we waited anxiously now the cold while Dumbledore spoke.
"Last night something was stolen from our champions. A treasure of sorts." I rubbed my arms as I awaited the rest of the speech.
"These five treasures now lay at the bottom of the black lake." I thought while he continued to speak.
They? What did the mermaid mean by they....? A person? A pet?
My thoughts were interrupted as the canon sounded and we were either pushed in or dove in. I was so very thankful to Professor McGonagall who had managed to teach me, within the limited time we had, how to be an animagus. I dove head first into the lake and changed into an underwater creature, my choice was a half fish half human creature. No, not a mermaid, but something similar. My hair turned into long transparent green fins, as did my feet. My skin changed into a mix of blues and greens while my eyes changed into a crystal blue. (Image in Media, She still has swimsuit on).
I looked around me and noticed Fleur and Cedric with the bubble charm while Viktor had a shark head. They swam off, leaving me to see harry gripping the sides of his neck. Gilliweed. I thought, turning away and swimming towards the merfolks city. I passed rocks and fish as I swam deeper and through a bed of river/seaweed, strange orange octopus things passing me as I did.
I exited the plant and found myself at the ruined underwater city. I swam close and saw five figures connected to the bottom of the lake.
I swam quicker so I could get closer in a shorter amount of time and saw Ron, Hermione, Cho, Fleurs sister and Draco... Harry came not long after me and went straight to Ron. He untied the rope like material from around the gingers ankle and looked around. Cedric came next and took Cho while Viktor took Hermione. I swam circles around the blonde and looked to the merfolk they nodded to me and I untransfigured my hands so I could grab Draco's hand. I smiled to Harry and nodded to him to get Ron and the younger girl, even though he was scolded for trying to take Hermione too. Swimming up, I pulled bleach boy with me. We reached the surface just before Ron and Fleurs sister.
The boys gasped for air, staring at me as I changed back to myself.
"Transfiguration." I explained as he nodded, pulling me with him as we swam back to the stands.
"A bloody good transfiguration." Draco laughed. I looked back to the water as we were hoisted onto the surface, searching for Potter. He shot out of the water and landed on hard wet surface.
As cheers died down our headmaster spoke.
"First place is Cedric Diggory with Harry Potter in second for outstanding moral fibre!" The headmaster looked to me and spoke again.
"Joint first will go to (y/n) Rivergold for the extraordinary use of transfiguration." I smiled as Draco looped an arm around my should and pulled me into a sort of side hug. I slipped on my track suit bottoms and then my hoodie.