Chapter 23: Promposal

"Prom is this Saturday. Four days away and this idiot still hasn't asked me." I exasperate and get up from my spot on my bed.

"You need to calm down," Valerie tells me laughing a little bit as she removes the needle from between her teeth and continues stitching the fabrics together. "He's just planning more advanced, that's all."

"It's Liam we're talking about," I say shifting through designs and handing her the pattern she's creating.

"Exactly. It's Liam we're talking about. The boy who took the time to humiliate you in front of the entire senior class. He goes big or goes home." She explains. "What do you think? Think it'll sell?"

"It's gorgeous. I love it. I'm glad you can sew." I tell her running my fingers over the detail of the dress.

"I'm glad you can design." She says standing up.

Let me explain. There are two things going on right now. 

First of all, like I said, prom is in four days. It's some Hollywood theme which is pretty generic. I was expecting some over the top theme but you know this is fine too. That's not the problem here. The problem is my hell of a boyfriend still hasn't asked me. It's driving me insane. I want him to ask me. Extravagant or not I just need him to ask. Maybe he just assumes we're going so I should too. The hell if I know. That boy is all over the place.

The other thing was after Georgia, Valerie and I decided for our senior project and maybe forever project, we were going to design a line of clothing. She would sew, I would design and Maria, Sydney and a few of the other girls would model. It was brilliant. I decided I'm going to be in the fashion business. I'm not sure how yet, though. Being a designer is much harder than a model but striving for greatness is better than settling for the easier path. Maybe, I'll do both. 

The last dress that is finally done is so gorgeous I want to be the one to wear it and walk down that runway. It's two-piece. The top is a satin soft pink racer back. The bottom is sheer and has flowers decorating it. Each one is handmade by us and perfectly put on by Val.

"Wear it to prom." She tells me.

I furrow y eyebrows. "But what if I ruin it?"

"You aren't going to ruin it. Just wear the damn dress to prom." She orders me and grins.

I look back at the dress. "I guess I won't need my prom dress anymore."

"No you will not," Valerie says triumphantly.

There's a knock at my bedroom door and I turn towards it. "That'll be the girls for the fitting. The fashion show is tonight this needs to be perfect. Come in guys!"

Farah, Sydney, Maria, Mary,  Donna, Lily, Heaven, Izzie, and Bexley come in chatting away with excitement following them close behind. I smile at them happily and they stop walking in.

"You guys excited?" Valerie asks them and they either eagerly nod or say yes.

"Good, because we have a lot to do and such little time to do it. The Fashion show is in four hours in the auditorium. The entire school will be there with their families. My grandmother, Caterina Hunters, a world-renown designer will be front and center watching you. Do. Not. Screw. Up." I tell them all. 

They nod.

"Now," I say with a wide and genuine smile. "Pick a dress."

They get excited and rush over to stands holding the dresses and pick one out. My dress is the only one left.

"You should wear that one, Reece," Farah suggests.

I look at it hesitantly. "I don't know..."

"Wear the dress, Reece," Sydney demands. "You'll look gorgeous."