Chapter Four|Snape's Mood

The next week was the day she had made her first sale of the year. Someone had bought a potion that would fix unruly hair.

She had told them to just go about and buy some Sleekeazy's, but the girl refused.

She had set up a place for making potions within her dormitory. It was in a window nook by her bed where she would brew even the most dangerous of potions.

The date they would be relieving the brew was the day of Halloween. Leah had the potion prepared and packaged the night before.

She was quietly sitting on the lawn by the great lake when someone had joined her.

"I don't know your name, but you look lonely." Leah automatically recognized Arnold Daniels sitting next to her.

"Leah Rose. I'm not lonely, this is just my lifestyle." Arnold scrunched his nose at the girl.

"Who has a lifestyle where they just read all the time?" Leah automatically scrunched her nose up.

"You're a bit thick for a Ravenclaw, no?"

Arnold was annoyed with the girl. She was very rude in some aspects, but obviously intelligent.

"You're very rude, Rose." She raised a brow at this.

"Then why did you come sit by me?" At this point, Leah just wanted him gone. He was a nuisance to her studying.

"Because you're very pretty." Arnold watched as Leah became a bit confused. He was confused himself. His player ways didn't stop her from retorting or even make her face go pink.

"I don't need you to tell me things I already know, Daniels. Can I study now?" Arnold felt defeated. He got up and walked away without a another word. Leah smirked as he did so. She was so proud, she decided to call back at him and taunt him more.

"Have a nice day!"

About another week later, Severus was sitting in the break room when Remus Lupin approached him. Severus wanted the conversation to end quickly so he would have to deal with the former Marauder.

"Tell me, Snape. Why do you like Miss Rose more than any other student?" Snape scoffed without an answer. Remus gave up and walked away.

Charity Burbage then sat down across from Snape. She was very kind with her words.

"I'm actually curious, Severus, as to why you are so fond of the girl." Severus thought about why Leah was important to him.

"She has an affinity for potions, as do I. I also see her in myself. Almost like-"

"A child of your own?" The two turned their heads to see Filius Flitwick looking at them from the couch. The man was reading the Daily Prophet with his glasses barely hanging on his nose.

"No. Why would I see her as a daughter of my own?" Filius rolled his eyes while Charity watched the two men.

"Because you never had one of your own, Severus. You're lonely. The woman you loved is now dead, and therefore you are missing the child you longed for." Severus stood up and drew his wand.

Charity screeched while Filius stood on the couch, ready to duel. Before the first spell could be fired, Charity jumped between them.

"Stop this nonsense now!" She had her own wand drawn and was ready to duel either professor. Filius has already stood down and lowered his wand. Severus had his raised.

"Severus, I think you should return to your classroom." All three professors turned their heads to see Dumbledore standing calmly at the door.

Severus swept through the door and out of the area. Charity and Filius just stood there staring as the headmaster collected a handful of sherbet lemons.