a short, but necessary statement.

many of you know of the events that have unfolded within the past few weeks.

as an avid wizarding world fan and an hp universe fanfic writer, i need to let you all know a few things.

j.k. rowling has been intolerant of the transgender community. she has claimed that trans women are a threat to women who were born as women.

TRANS WOMEN ARE WOMEN. END OF ARGUMENT.

some people were born in a body they weren't comfortable with, and identify as a woman and that is OKAY.

my presence and community space is a SAFE PLACE FOR EVERYONE. all races, all sexualities, all identities.

i cannot say i agree with ANYTHING she has done or said. if you do agree with her transphobic comments, feel free to stop reading my content after this statement.

i do think it is important to note that the work that is the harry potter series is still a wonderful story in itself. i fell in love with it before jk rowling came in and fucked everything over for herself. (excuse my language). for many people, her actions won't ruin their experience with harry potter.

however, for many of you, it will. i am sorry that you feel unsafe after her actions.

if her recent behavior has led you to fall out of love with harry potter, and has lead you to detach yourself from all things related, INCLUDING THIS STORY, i understand.

i will not be upset if you cannot go on. i love and support ALL OF YOU.

i would love for all of you to do what feels right FOR YOU. i want you all to express yourselves, be true to your identity, and continue to spread your positivity and strive for change.

and if that means you stop reading any of my stories, so be it. i understand and support you.

and with this statement i sign off with these words.

black lives matter. fuck jk rowling. fuck transphobia. HAPPY PRIDE MONTH.

I LOVE YOU.

with love,
~izzy.