Chapter Seventeen|Holidays

"I love Christmas. I always have the most fun at Christmas."

Marisol was a completely different person during the holidays. It's like she was a beam of light that bounced around constantly.

Angelina and Marisol usually went home during the Holidays, leaving Alicia and Leah to stay at Hogwarts.

Alicia always had the option to go home but decided to stay because her older sister never went home either.

Marisol and Angelina were due to leave tomorrow. They had their things packed and were ready to leave.

"I promise I'll write you both every day." said Angelina.

The four girls sat at the Gryffindor table in the great hall.

"Of course. If we can't hear from Mari, at least we'll hear from you." said Alicia.

Marisol frowned and crossed her arms. "Excuse me, but I do my very best to write you. Sometimes things just get too busy and I don't find the time."

Leah was thoroughly reading the prophet today. She was reading a tiny little article on Cornelius Fudge's recent vacation. Leah had a lot of opinions on the Minister for Magic.

Not one of them was a good one.

"I assume Jonathan will be visiting?" Alicia asked Marisol.

"Yes, John will be in town for the holiday. I can't wait to see him, it's been so long."

Jonathan Iverson was born a squib.
Nobody knew how it happened, but two half-blood parents managed to have a squib son.

Marisol cared for her brother more than anything in the world. He had been in university for very long and hadn't come home. Now, he was employed and came home for the holidays.

Leah then recalled a memory.

"Angelina, what ever happened to that crush on George? I've been meaning to ask, but haven't gotten around to it." Leah said while putting down the paper.

Angelina looked down embarrassingly. "I can't like him. He's on my quidditch team and it would be a distraction from getting the cup." Angelina then looked up at Leah. "What I really should be asking is how are things with Fred going?"

Leah shrugged and leaned back a bit.

"We'll see. Now stop changing the subject, Angie. Tell us why dating him would be a distraction."

Alicia didn't hesitate one second to jump into the conversation.

"Because we need that cup! Any kind of distraction is holding us back. I'm quite shocked that Wood hasn't caught you and Fred eyeing each other during practice!"

Leah rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Can we stop taking the subject to Fred?"

"Can we not take the conversation near Wood?"

The other three looked at Marisol who was now less excited than before. The mention of Oliver Wood managed to bring her mood down almost instantaneously.

"Right, sorry. Tell us more about Johnathan, Marisol."

Fred, George, and Oliver Wood sat around in the common room playing exploding snap. They filled the room with laughter until the door opened.

Their friends had walked in, Fred noticing Leah's bright eyes.

"Are you seriously playing exploding snap again?! Stop that right now, it's ridiculous!"

Oliver stood up and walked over to Marisol. He lightly put a hand on her shoulder and smiled.

"Come on, Mari, lighten up." he said nonchalantly.