Wrong Timing

Wenna
        Weddings. It is always the word you associate with happy events. Strangely enough, my wedding is not something that is a happy event for me. I do not want to be married to my fiance, I am waiting for someone. Standing now in my wedding dress, I remember a memory of a hidden summer, a wonderful beginning.
        I first met him in a church. He was the wedding photographer. "How long had you been doing this?"I cannot resist anymore and went towards him. "Oh, four years now,"he stated. "That's a long time,"I commented.
   "Who are you?"he asked me. "I am Wenna and you are?" I asked him back. "I am Jack," he answered me. "What do you think?" I asked him, gesturing to the wedding scene. "This wedding is just a day,I wonder what is so special about it except of course for the fact that it gives me money,"he stated.
      "It is wonderful," I agreed.  "How can you say so when you are not the one who got married?"he asked me. "A wedding isn't just a day. It's an accumulation of seperate events and small decisions that need to be made along the way,*"I stated. "That is deep,"he stated. "I believe in marriage. Call me a hopeless romantic. I want to get married only when I am a hundred percent sure I want to,"I seconded.
        "You are a hopeless romantic,extremely hopeless,"he added for effect.  "Don't you believe in true love?*"I asked him. He did not answer. He did not have to answer. "Well,I believe in true love. Everybody should have true love and it should last at least as long as your life does,*"I answered him.
       "You sound so sure,"he stated,smiling. "It is because  I am sure,"I answered him,also smiling. From that day forth,I spent almost everyday with him. We went to weddings together. We had happy times together.
         Soon came the time that I had been waiting for. He asked me the question in a wedding:"Will you be my girl?" "Yes,"I answered. We smiled and turned back to the service so as not to steal the moment from the bride and groom. We went to our daily routine until I finally got used to it.
      I am used to having him around until the day,the inevitable day happened. "You are my problem. You frustrate me. You confuse me,I hate you,*"he stated. I was taken aback. I was confused.* "I hate you so much that I want you to disappear,"he said angrily.* He turned and started walking away.* A tear fell down my cheek,* then another until I became a mess of tears on the floor.
2 Years Later
        It was unbearable,the whole thing,every second worse than the last. I just kept thinking about calling him,wondering what would happen,if anyone would answer. In the last weeks,we'd been reduced to spending out time together,but that was nothing. The pleasure of remembering had taken from me,because there was no longer anyone to remember it with. It felt like losing your-co rememberer meant losing the memory itself,as if the things done were less real and more important than the hours before.*
        I was walking down the steps of my bookshop. Yes,I know manage my own bookshop. I nearly fell over when someone caught me. "Are you alright miss?"he asked me. "Yes,"I answered him.
     "I am William,"he stated. "Wenna,"I answered. We shook our hands. He became an everyday customer in my bookshop. I learned that he owned a company and he was an only child with no parents.
         Soon,I got closer to him. After that,he offered me the offer Jack once gave. I became his girlfriend. Soon,I became his fiance. Now,standing here in my wedding dress,I still think of him.
      "Here's to all the places we went and allnthe places we'll go. Here's me,whispering again and again:I love you,"stated William. "You may kiss the bride,"the priest announced. We kissed each other,long and deep. Soon,the wedding ended.
       I believed in marriage. I was called a hopeless romantic. I wanted to get married only when I am a hundred percent sure I wanted to. That was how it was before. Now,it is not what I am not who I was before.
       I can't hide forever. I have to face it somehow.I thought I would be able to close those wounds. I still loved him. I never stopped loving him.* Suddenly,someone entered the church.
Jack
      Immediately,the others left. She turned. It was me. I wanted to say a lot of things.* I wanted to tell her how happy I was.  My tears fell before I could stop them.
    "I'm sorry,I'm really,really sorry,I tried,I tried really hard,I realized I would always fail no matter how hard and how many times I try,*"I stated. I hugged her. She hugged her back with as much intensity. "I know how hard you tried. When you told me you loved me then,that was real. That was the happiest part,"she answered me. I wanted to give her what she deserves and that was why I set her free.
        I am afraid of commitment and can never last long in a relationship which is why I let her go. "I hope you found someone who will make you truly happy,"I told her. "I did*,"she released me. "You deserve all the happiness in the world,*"I stated. "I want that for you,too,*"she reassured me.
     "Thank you for everything,you will always have a special place in my heart,*"she stated. "You will forever have a special place in my heart,*"I answered back. Her husband arrived. "Ready?"he asked her. "Yes,"she smiled.
    Without looking back, I let her leave even if it meant we might not see each other again. I guess that was how it's suoposed to work. We let each other go, because we were just not meant to be.*With that,I left her life again with a broken heart. One of the things I realized after that scene is that she could still hurt me in the same way.
The End
A/N:All the quotes with asterisks are from Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts,Perfect Pleasures by Grysorange,One Night's Mistake by BlueKisses,The Fault in Our Stars and An Abundance of Katherines by John Green.