Breaking

Bryan
    Fighting for love has always been considered noble. Leaving someone has always been considered evil. What if you experienced what happened to me? I was fought for then left and left then fought for, by two different women. How did this come to pass?
    Here is the story.....
         This started in summer. The summer that I thought would give hope,life, only it did not, it brought death. The summer was when I first met Amanda. It was not the common meeting that when you look into each other's eyes, you see each other's hearts. It was a simple meeting.
       We met in a seminar for teachers. She was a teacher and so was I, in the same school. That made the complication. Co-teachers were not allowed in relationships. We were always dating in secret, kissing in secret and hugging in secret.
      I could not take it anymore, which is why one Tuesday in the library, I went on purpose to talk to her. "I am getting tired of keeping everything secret, I want things to be officially announced between us, will you fight with me," I stated lengthily. "Yes," she smilingly said. I kissed her then and there. We were seen by the talkative librarian who spread the situation.
         Come Wednesday, we are walking hand-in-hand with the students, teachers, counselors, even the cleaning stuff abuzz. "Don't they know the rule?"a teacher whispered. "Such a scandal,"the other one with her stated. We chose to ignore all gossip.
      All students talked, counselors talked, even the cleaning staff talked. We did not care. We walked with our heads high and our noses in the air. It was as if  we heard nothing.  I and she fought for love which sounded so romantic at the time as it always does.
      The rumors, though, reached the principal and president of the school. They went for  a surprise visit. "Mr. Clarke and Ms. Tyler, you are needed in the office, now!" the president and principal shouted at us. We already knew what they want to talk to us about. We followed them to the office.
     "You know well that having a relationship with a co-teacher is against the rules," the president of the school stated. "Yes , sir," we answered at the same time. "If you want to fight for your relationship, you can both resign, if not you can break up,"stated the principal as if it was that easy. "How much time do we have, sirs?"we asked. "A week,"he answered. 6 days ensued, until it was Sunday.
  Amanda dropped by for a surprise visit. "Why are you here?" I asked her. "I came to break up with you," she amswered bluntly. "Why?"I asked her. "I cannot let my career go just like that," she answered me.
        I stayed silent and went numb.  She then left. After she did I broke all that can be broken in the house. What is the use of fighting for love if you will just give the lover up or will be given up? I left the school where I once worked in and set out to be a film director, my former dream and also one of my courses.
         "Cut!" I shouted from a distance. It was when that scene finished that I remembered another Amanda. I was 18, then, compared to that Amanda, I was 23. Now I am 25. Ironically enough, this also started in summer and her last name was Clark.
    This were the days when I started studying Digital Arts and this is the explanation why I went to Education instead. We were in the same class. We always saw each other. We were seated next to each other. I began to develop a liking for her.
      She also did. We grew interested, became together and lasted longer than the usual teenage relationship. I thought of course, as all teenagers do,that it was forever. It was not forever, though. Again, ironically enough,it was a Tuesday when she left me as well.
          "I am leaving,"she broke the news to me that day. "Are you breaking up with me?" I asked directly. I was 20 when this happened. "Yes,"she answered. Once more, I broke everything that could be broken and nursed a broken heart.
     The day she left was also the day I decided not to pursue my former dreams and went to Education instead. Everything was filled with her, the other Amanda. I could not concentrate, which is why I shifted. I did not know that I would leave Education again due to another Amanda. I did not see either Amanda again.
    I had hope that I would see either of them. As luck would have it,I did not see either. "Hello, Bryan," a voice stated.
It was Amanda Clark. "Amanda," I replied,standing up. "I mean Director by the way,"she stated.
     "Bryan will do," I stated."Director, you are needed," called a producer. The producer was not mine. "I am also now a director," she explained. "I meant director then," I stated.
    "Amanda will do," she reassured me. I smiled, watching her hurry off with her producer. I started dating her again. This time, it is allowable. It is not a bad thing.
     In fact, people like it. One Tuesday, she stated:"Yes, I will be your girl, again." My smiled reached the stars and I kissed her. I did not expect that we will see Amanda Clarke in the mall, when we were strolling. We had no jobs then.
    It was not surprising to see her. What was surprising is that she was with another man who was our co-teacher, Peter Sheldon. It was obvious that she gave up her career for him. "Hello,Amanda, what are you now?" I asked her. "Hi, Bryan," stated Amanda conversationally.
     "Forgive me, Amanda, this is Amanda and with him is Peter," I stated. "She's-"the other Amanda stated. "My new girlfriend who left but still fought for me,by the way, good luck finding careers," I stated to her and walked away with the other Amanda. "That was?"the other asked. "My ex, who fought for me then left," I answered her.
      "You now have me at least," she stated. "At least," I stated. We walked away, hand-in-hand. "What's the day today?" I asked her. "Tuesday,"she answered.
       I laughed, whispering to her why. We left hands together, laughing.
The End