chapter one;

Layla Brady was sitting in the quad at one of the many picnic tables trying to debunk her latest trigonometry problem for class. She was biting her pencil and concentrating rather hard. So hard that she didn't notice that her best friend was coming up behind her.

"Guess who," he whispered in her ear as he covered her eyes.

She jumped, but she smiled, immediately forgetting her math problem. "Lucas," she said with a smile.

He smiled as he removed his hands from her eyes and sat down next to her. "What is this?" He asked, making a disgusted face and gesturing to the homework in front of her.

"Trig," She said, making a face as well.

Lucas literally gagged, which made Layla snort she thought it was so funny.

"So, tonight-" Lucas said energetically, putting his hands out to show that this was a big deal. "What are your plans?" Layla gestured towards the math in front of her and Lucas immediately said, "What, this? No ma'am. No ham. No turkey. No bacon. We are not spending our Friday night doing math."

"I have to. It's due Sunday," she spoke, shrugging.

"So, do it Saturday! Tonight, we have better things to do." He spoke with a maniacal grin on his face.

"What could possibly be better than trigonometry?" Layla said sarcastically.

"Party tonight at Delta Si!" The two heard coming from the center of the quad where their attention was now set to. And there stood Adele Taylor, holding a pink megaphone.

"That's why," Lucas said, gesturing to Adele with a smile.

"Nah-uh. No way. No frat parties." Layla said, not having it.

"Well, technically, it is a sorority party." He said, raising his eyebrows.

"Well, technically, it's still a no." Layla said, smirking at the boy.

"You are such a Debby-Downer." Lucas said, rolling his eyes.

"Hey, guys, party tonight at Delta-Si!" Dom Deangelis said to the pair as they sat at the picnic table. "You two should come!"

Dom was the president of his frat, which was the "brother" fraternity to Delta Si. He definitely looked like your typical frat boy, but overall he was a pretty good person.

Before Layla or Lucas could respond, Adele comes up, leaning against Dom. "Oh, Dommy. These two never go out. They won't make it." She said.

"Actually—" Lucas started, but Layla interrupted him.

"Thank you, guys, for the wonderful invite. But I have trig, so, as Adele said, I don't think that we're going to—"

"Come on, everyone in the school is coming, guys. How about just one night of partying?" Dom said, raising his eyebrows at the two.

Lucas looked pleadingly over to Layla, his eyes begging her to say yes. She looked over at those big puppy dog eyes and sighed. "Fine," she spoke. "We will be there."

"THANK YOU NOT ONLY GOD BUT JESUS!" Lucas said, putting a hand up in praise. "See you guys tonight!"

Adele put on her best fake smile at the two. "See you, tonight."

As Adele and Dom walked away from the two, she said, "Why did you want them to come to the party so bad?"

Dom shrugged. "Just trying to be social with other people."

"Well, stop it." Adele said, and with that, she left with her sorority girls and left Dom to watch her leave as he sighed at her many mood changes.