chapter three;

Layla Brady woke up the next morning with a headache laying on Lucas's chest. She squinted her eyes as she looked around the bright room groaning. Her hair was pulled up in a messy bun that resembled a birds nest as she slowly sat up in the bed. She felt nauseous as she did, but she wanted some water.

She headed to the kitchen and grabbed two bottles of water and some pain medicine. She goes back to the bedroom to see Lucas still sound asleep in the same position that she left him in. She chunked the water bottle onto his stomach, making him groan and throw it back at her.

"Wake up Lukey." She said, using the nickname that he hated most.

"Shut up Lay Lay." He groaned, pulling  he cover over his face.

"I brought gifts," she said opening her palm to hand Lucas two pain pills.

"Oh praise God," he said, looking at the pills as if they were heaven sent.

He took the pills and laid back down. "We were wasted last night." He said, smirking.

"You definitely were." Layla smirked. "You started talking nonsense about making margarita boy fall in love with me."

"Oh, that wasn't nonsense, honey. That was for real." He said, leaving up and looking at her in the eye. "I put five hundred dollars on it that you couldn't pull it off."

"Five hundred dollars? Dead ass?" Layla said, giving him an unbelieving look.

He smirked at her. "Dead ass."

Layla had been struggling with money. She didn't get one of her scholarships this semester because her GPA fell a point below what it needed to be. Because of this, it had been a struggle for her to pay rent. An extra five hundred would be the whole months rent.

"How would I even approach this?" Layla said, sort of giving in.

"Well, I would start with apologizing for pouring a margarita picture on his head." He said, shrugging.

"Probably definitely a good start." She said.

"We definitely have to go to the next party. He will definitely be there. And if I'm right, which I usually am, he's mad at you for sure. But he's even more mad that you rejected him. He's use to girls falling to his feet and you didn't. That's going to bother him. I think he will approach you simply if he sees you."

Layla considered this for a moment, chewing on her cheek. "I don't know. He was pretty pissed."

"I guess we will just go to the party and see," Lucas smirked, standing up from the bed. He started to walk into the bathroom.

"Luke," Layla said causing him to look back at her. "Why are you guiding me through this when it's better for you for me to lose?"

"I just want an excuse to go to the frat parties." He said, smirking and shrugging.

Layla rolled her eyes and Lucas went into the bathroom.

The rest of Layla's day was pretty uneventful. She did some trig homework and watched Jane the Virgin on Netflix.

When it got interesting was the next day at about three o'clock in the afternoon. Layla was writing a paper as she got a notification. She glanced over to her phone to see she had a Snapchat notification.

"David Dobrik added you as a friend!"

Layla dropped her phone in shock, clanking on the desk loudly.

Lucas came into the room. "What happened?"

Layla picked the phone up and show him. "Oh shit," he said, dropping his jaw. "Add him back!"

She slid open her phone and clicked accept. "What now?" She asked.

"We wait," Lucas said as he sat down on her bed smirking at her.

"What like he's gonna message me-" Ding!

Layla looked down to the phone to see "David Dobrik is typing..."

"Oh shit," she said.

"He's typing isn't he?" He said, eyebrows raised.

Ding! "Oh shit," they each said at the same time.

Layla stared at it for a moment. "Well open it, bitch!" Lucas encouraged.

She slid it open to see he had said. Hey beer girl, you coming to the party Friday night?

"What do I say?" Layla said, looking to Lucas.

"I don't know. Be available. But not too available. What's going to draw him to you is the fact that you don't worship him like every other girl. It's going to confuse-"

Lucas looked down as his phone started ringing. He immediately ignored the phone call and said. "Look this is your train, I'm gonna let you drive it. Spill me the tea later, boo." He said as he left the room.

"That was weird." Layla said, looking to the door.

She then looked down at the text, wondering what to say.

Not really sure, margarita boy.

Layla went to lay down on her bed, cuddling up under the covers when she got a reply.

You should stop by. 😉

Layla bit her lip as she looked at the text just laughing at the poor idiot boy. She was gonna make him love her. She was gonna play him.

I might make an appearance.

She turned her lamp off and began to look on Instagram to notice that he had followed her there as well. "Dang. Thirst much?" She said to herself.

It would make my night if you would.

Layla rolled her eyes.

Well, if that's the case... I have a test Monday. I can't make it.

Layla smirked to herself at her smart ass remark and continued to scroll through Instagram looking at his photos.

You're definitely a firecracker, I'll give you that.

Layla didn't really know how to respond to that message, so she didn't reply, leaving the poor boy on read: something that he had never experienced. And he didn't really know how to feel about it. Or what to make of this "Layla Brady".