one

'Cmon love! Take another one!'

My best friend, Zay and I, were at a buddies high school party on a Saturday night, looking to get extremely wasted.

I shrugged my shoulders at him and took another shot of tequila, letting it burn down my throat as I shot a smile towards Zay.

He raised both his thumbs at me and took a picture of me, quickly walking back over to me to help me get down the wobly table I had been standing on, while a couple of girls wooed me to keep on drinking.

Once he got me down, we walked through the crowd of people standing in what I could only assume was the living room.

The music was so loud I felt it throughout my whole body, making me tingle inside. 'Do I Wanna Know' by the Arctic Monkeys was playing and I grabbed onto Zay's arm.

There were loads of people everywhere, some were on the ground, some were sitting on chairs and others were sitting on eachother.

The whole house was filled with pure joy and alcohol, my favorite ambient. We passed by a couple who was practically eating eachothers faces off and I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at who it was.

Once Zay saw who I was looking at, he mouthed: oh my god.

Him and I had been best friends since the second grade.

Zay was that confident, smooth talker that always had something to say yet always made sure that he (or I) never crossed the line completely.

He always kept me sane in difficult situations.

As him and I finally reached a semi-quiet quiet place in the backyard, we sat on an old bench facing the opposite side of the house, looking towards a very old tree with a bunch of weird names carved into them.

"Did I really just see Riley Matthews and Lucas Friar making out?" I asked him as I let out a loud laugh.

He took a drink from his red cup and chuckled. "Damn, who would've thought little ol' Riley would be making out with the captain of the football team." He said as he shook his head in disbelief.

I scooted closer to him and rested my heavy head on his shoulder causing him to rest his head on top of mine, feeling a little tipsy.

We stared at the tree as he continuously took small sips from his drink.

I looked at all the names written on it:

Jenna Bean!

daddy Charlie ;)

yogi-licous

corn chip dave lmao

I continued reading the rest of the names until I realized that our names weren't on it.

"Hey Zay,' I said to him.

He took his head off of mine and took out a small pocket knife from his pant pocket and nodded his head.

"Say no more May, what do you want yours to say?" He asked as he read my mind.

That was the thing about him and I, we never had tell eachother what we were thinking because we always somehow knew.

I always told him that he was my forever soulmate, that we had been so lucky to find eachother so early in life.

He opened the knife and stood from the bench, getting closer to the tree and kneeling down next to it.

"I want it to say...' I paused and tried to think of something funny, 'what about p dawg, ya know? So I can sound like a cool rapper.' I said to him, my face begining to feel warm and fuzzy. It seemed as if the three shots I had taken earlier were finally kicking in.

He looked over at me and burst into laughter, letting go of the sharp object and clutching onto his stomach as small tears began strolling down his face.

"P Dawg, May? Really?" He asked me in between breaths, "I cant believe I'm friends with you." He said to me, begining to calm down.

I stuck my tongue out at him and shoved his shoulder, "You love me now carve it in the tree Zay!" I said to him, laughing.

He grabbed the small knife and began carving a small little 'p' and then the rest of the word, laughing in between.

"Okay P Dawg, all done. Now what should I put my name as?' He asked.

I didn't even have to think of a name because I had already chosen one for him: Lil Xay.

"Get this, okay?" I said to him as he smiled at me, waiting to see what stupidity would come out of my mouth this time, "Lil Xay, but instead of a Z, an X. Like all the 'cool' rappers." I said to him.

His smile turned into a disappointed frown and he shook his head. "Maya what the hell is wrong with you baby?" He said to me as he looked towards the tree and began carving.

I smiled at him and laughed. "I'm so drunk holy cow", I said as I crawled over to him and laid my head on his sprawled out legs.

"We're the greatest," he said to me as he took the last sip of his drink before throwing the empty cup into the darkness of the yard.

"Yeah we are. I love you Lil Xay," I said to him as my eyes began to slowly shut.

He laid back on the soft grass and propped his head with one arm, the other messing with my hair.

"I love you too P Dawg."

~

hiii! it me, back at again with the story writing. i changed this story from the og title "dear olivia" to "dear maya" bc i wanted it to be gmw related after all lol. i'm sorry if it's not really good yet, like i said, this wasn't supposed to be gmw so i had to change it up so that it would be. but i hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter!

all the love,

-s.xx