three

Once he was out of the shower, we walked outside, over to my garage to see his car parked outside.

"I guess Lucas drove it over here for us." He said with a large smile, sticking his hand in his jean pocket and pulling his keys out.

He unlocked the car and we both got in, spending the next fifteen minutes singing along to the songs on the radio, pretending we were on Carpool Karaoke.

Once we arrived to the parking lot of the beach, we went straight to our favorite pizza place: Luigi's Pizza and sat down at our favorite outside table, with a view of the ocean.

"Ah my two favorite customers!" Luigi, the owner of the place, said to us as he walked to our table, "What'll it be today for my farfallina and topolino?" He asked us with a large smile as he placed a basket of bread sticks in front of us.

Luigi was your 'typical Italian pizza place owner'. He was short, of course not as short as me, chubby, a large mustache, a deep Italian accent, gave the greatest advice, hugs and made the most amazing Chicago-style deep-dish pizza.

"We'll have the same as always una pizza da portata profonda stile chicago?" Zay told him, making a face, hoping he had said it right.

"Very good topolino! Arrivando proprio i miei bambini piccoli". He said to us with a large smile, walking away from the table.

"God I love Luigi." I said to him as we both reached over to the basket to get a stick.

He nodded his head as he took a bit of the warm bread, closing his eyes as he chewed, savoring the delicious, buttery, garlicky
taste.

"I am so in love with this food!" He exclaimed as he took another from the basket.

I laughed as he ate more, falling more and more in love with the food.

"Don't eat all of them!" I said to him as I took the food away from him, "I would like to eat more than just one!" I yelled as he laughed.

"I'd never let you eat just only one, P. I love you too much to do that to you." He said, winking at me.

We sat there, waiting for our food, making jokes and laughing about stupid things we had done weekends before. Reminding eachother of old times.

"Here's your order! Enjoy my bambinos". Luigi said as he placed the large, steaming hot pizza right in front of us.

Zay and I devoured the delicious pizza in pure silence, the only noise coming from the chewing of our mouths.

Once we had finished, we paid for our food and hugged Luigi goodbye, making our way towards the pier where we would spend the rest of the beautiful day, playing games.

"You're going down Penelope!" Zay yelled at me as we shot water inside of a toy clowns mouth, trying to see who could make the balloon it was attached to, blow up faster, to make it pop.

"In your dreams!" I said to him as my balloon popped, "YES!" I yelled at him as he smiled over at me and applauded.

"Nice work P, I knew you could do it." He said in a mocking manner.

I stuck my tongue out at him and grabbed my prize. Once I had my small little stuffed ferret, we went over to the next game.

We decided we wanted to play the soda toss game where you get little rings and have to try to throw them in the neck of a soda bottle.

Zay won that one and five more, his arms full of small stuffed animals. He had decided that he wanted to give me a small, little, white bear that had framed glasses on. The cutest little thing.

We spent the rest of the day eating ice cream and cotton candy, sitting on a bench and secretly talking about movies and pit favorite shoes on the pier until the sun finally set.

We walked down to the sand and began taking a walk on the shore, removing our shoes and letting the cold water seep in between our toes.

The moon finally came out and the dark sky was filled with stars and clouds. The air cold to my face.

"It's getting really cold P, we should go." Zay said as he put his arm around me, keeping me warm.

"Wait, before we go," I said to him as I took out my phone, "Let's take a picture."

He nodded his head and Zay quickly put his stuffed animals down, asked the nearest person if they'd take a picture for us.

Once the person gave us my phone back, I looked at it and laughed

"One, this definitely needs a filter and two, why do I look so sad?" I asked, chuckling.

He chuckled along, grabbing me once again and putting his arm around me. We continued our walk back to the parking lot, content with how amazing our day had been.

~
this story is gonna be really short. only 7 chapters so get ready for the next update bc YALL ARE GONNA BE SO SHOOK

all the love,

-s.xx