IV

Sure enough, the time team was called into Mason Industries in the early morning. Everyone showed up half asleep, or with coffee in their hands. Some both.

Lucy had no other choice but to wear some of Wyatt's clothes, as her mother decided to practically hold all of her possessions hostage. As well as her house. Well, it was Rittenhouse technically holding her things hostage, she wouldn't jump to despise her mother just yet. The previous few days had been a blur, from the almost successful plot to take down Rittenhouse, to her mother attempting to coerce her into the dreaded organization, to finding where she and Wyatt stand. Despite the unbelievable demands of her job, this was the most stressful few days.

"Hey, so how was last night?" Rufus asked Wyatt, taking his attention away from his phone. "I mean, did you guys talk about what happened?" He added. Wyatt shook his head. "Not really. We did talk a little after we got back from the mission, but that was before we even left the building." Rufus just nodded, though he didn't believe Wyatt's full story.

Wyatt saw the look on Rufus's face and started laughing. "I'm telling the full truth," Wyatt argued. Rufus started laughing along with him. "Yeah, sure, I'll believe that." Wyatt looked over to where Lucy was standing with Agent Christopher, probably trying to explain that she knew nothing more about Rittenhouse.

"You're in love with Lucy, just admit it." Rufus quipped. Wyatt snapped his head around to look at Rufus. "What? What do you mean?" Wyatt managed to stammer out. "Oh come on. I see the way you two look at each other. Also, the way you were worried when she had to go with Flynn. If it was me and Jiya, I mean pre-getting stranded in 1754, I would be the same. Maybe not exactly because you're you and I'm me, but I'd be thinking the same-"

Wyatt would've heard the rest of what he was saying if he wasn't walking towards where Lucy had moved, standing and staring at the infamous Lifeboat. Even she was trying to look like the strongest person there, he could still see her fragile side. Just as she could see his.

"Hey," he started quietly, taking Lucy away from her thoughts. "Do you know where we're going?" Lucy shook her head quickly, looking back towards the Lifeboat. "It's either extremely rushed or extremely planned out. Considering the enemy I think it's the latter." She managed to mumble out.

"Are you two ready for Los Angeles in 1977?" Connor Mason announced, exiting the office above the warehouse with Agent Christopher and Rufus following soon after. "Which significant person is Rittenhouse trying to kill this time?" Rufus asked after, looking towards Lucy.

"They might be stopping something other than life this time around. Connor, what's the date on that?" Lucy wondered, staring at the ground.

"May 24th. Why?"

"Rufus, when was Star Wars first released into the United States?"

"May 25th-Oh."

"So what does this mean?" Wyatt chimed in.

"Rittenhouse is going to kill science fiction," Lucy stated, looking back up at the group.

"Star Wars wasn't the pinnacle of sci-fi. Star Trek and other things existed before that." Jiya added, which everyone else ignored.

"For the sake of Finn and Poe getting together in episode nine, this mission is a go." Agent Christopher announced. Before anyone could ask any questions, they were all pushed into the costume room.

a/n hey guys sorry for not posting in like a year. major writer's block. anyway i hope to get back to posting regularly soon!