Chapter 2

Fireheart padded through the forest, annoyance painfully prevalent in his chest. He was feeling incredibly irritated, and was heading to the Riverclan border, where he knew a certain silver queen would be waiting.
Pushing through the brambles, he could make out immediately, Silverstream's pelt.
Hissing, he skidded down the slope.
"Looking for someone?" He sneered, allowing his irritation a target just this once.
"I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm simply-" Fireheart cut her off "Graystripe isn't coming" he interjected.
The queen froze up, a dumb look plastered to her face. "W-what are you talking about" she stammered.
"Silverstream, don't play fox. I know you've been seeing each other. No, don't respond" he cut her off before she could stack a retort, "against my better judgement - and the warrior code - I've covered for you two, but this ends today. You two need to stop this. Cats are starting to notice," Fireheart mewed, quelling his anger before it took over, and allowing himself to have a two way talk.
"Listen Warrior. Fireheart was it? I don't have to explain myself to you!" She hissed, her voice growing into a snarl.
Fireheart padded forward, "look Silverstream"- he said, still creeping toward the fuming she-cat-" I have no intention of giving you away to Crookedstar. All I ask is that you stop seeing him, because.. I can't bear to see the furball get in trouble. If you really loved him, you'd want the same. " He ended. The last part came as a whisper. He had no idea where that came from.
Silverstream stared at him for a second, as if analyzing him, before something changed. Now they shone with a new light, but Fireheart wasn't sure what it was. It looked like... pity? Did she pity him? How in StarClan dare she?! But before he could verbally jab at her, she cut in.
"Look Fireheart. Even if I wanted to break it off, I can't. You see, I'm expecting his kits."
At those words, colour drained from the world and Fireheart's heart fell screaming and flailing into the pit of his chest. That was the only explanation for the pulse that just passed through his pelt.
"W-what?" He choked, taking a shaky step back, but not ready to plant his left forepaw back onto the ground.
"I'm sorry Fireheart. There's nothing I can do about it" she mewed.
Fireheart felt dizzy. He lost track of the queen. All he could see was the ground. Would the world please stop spinning for a moment? He turned around to hide his face. He knew that there was no possibility of disguising pain he felt. Like a delicate leaf catching the morning dew, his heart was threatening to spill over.
He darted in a direction, not once looking back, but slowed once he was confident that he was out of the she-cat's earshot. He shook his head,
"Why do I even care!?" He screamed, digging his claws into the soft earth, and and resentment toward Graystripe swelling like nothing he'd ever felt. He pinched his eyes shut to relieve the tension in his face.
"Graystripe you idiot!" He muttered angrily to himself, teeth clenched.
Just then, realization hit Fireheart like a monster, his grieving running to a halt. He was really ticked off with that furball. Turning abruptly, he stomped back into Thunderclan territory to confront Graystripe.
The camp was buzzing with life, kits playing with moss, Yellowfang treating Runningwind's paw, Tigerclaw sorting the midday patrol.

"Graystripe!" He snarled over the clearing. A head popped out from behind the nursery, a bramble twig in his mouth. A couple cats turn their heads their heads to Graystripe, their gazes portraying confusion, some with looks of pity, and then back at Fireheart. "Now what has he done?" Runningwind whispered to Fireheart, but he payed no attention, only grabbed graystripe's ear with his thorn-like claws once gray warrior reached him, and dragged him out of camp, Graystripe stumbling and struggling behind.

Fireheart dragged him down to the training hollow and let go of his ear.
"Oww. What is wrong with you?" He whined.
"What's wrong with me!?" He retorted, his face contorted in anger.
"Graystripe I cant believe you!" He continued. "You... you- you... With Silverstream!"
Graystripe tilted his head. "So now you're so angry about that? You're a bit late to the hunt there" He retorted.
Fireheart stepped forward furiously, rounding on the warrior.
"Silverstream's expecting kits." He blurted out. Graystripes stilled, the white of his eyes showing.
Fireheart averted his eyes for a moment out of anger, noticing water pattering to the ground, battering his friend's fur. When did it start raining?
"I-I-" Graystripe stumbled over his words, but fireheart interrupted him, his voice raised in panic.
"Do you understand how the clan will feel? Do you even care how I f-" Fireheart choked on his words, realizing exactly what he was feeling. Resentment, and pain. But the strongest, a feeling so strong that he could almost taste it. Betrayal. Tears began sneaking their down his face despite his best own efforts almost, mostly disguised by the rain. Graystripe stared on, his gaze fixed on Fireheart. The flame-colored tom was staring at the ground, vision blurred, not sure if it was the rain or his own tears, his claws sheathing and unsheathing out into the ground, clenching his teeth to suppress his hurt as much as he could. Suddenly though, he felt the warmth of a pelt pressed against his own. He looked up, hoping to see Graystripe pressed against him, reassuring him that everything was okay, but was disappointed at seeing the white pelt of the senior warrior Whitestorm. At that point though, Fireheart didn't care. Fireheart just let the Whitstorm guide him back to camp, Graystripe not far behind, and the rain still bucketing down, drowning out any sounds made by the warriors. Graystripe didn't even have words to offer. It hurt so much.