Forever Alone

"Melody Parks!"

     "Here." I called out. I organized the papers on my desk by the days they were due. And reached up to straighten my glasses, happy that I finally finished that stupid essay. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I tensed because I didn't want water thrown in my face like last time, but I twisted around halfway to find out what they needed. It was better than what they would do if I had ignored them.

     "Mornin' trashy, are you missing something?" Luke Smith questions me with a huge smirk on his ugly face. He was just one of my many tortures in this school.

     My eyes widen as I twist back around. All of my work is gone. I turn to my left and see Jaden Wells holding it up to my face.

     "Please don-"

     Too late he lit it on fire with a hand held lighter. He dropped it on the floor and I leaned down to see it turning to ashes. I turn my head around when the teacher clears his throat, he's coming straight for Jaden.

     "Young man, do you think it's appropriate to use a lighter in school."

     He lost his smirk. "No sir."

     "What did you just burn?"

     He stayed silent. The whole class was turned around to look at the scene now. Mr. Anderson turned to me and raised an eyebrow, "What did he just burn?"

Most teachers often asked me for the truth because they believed I would actually tell them. I couldn't tell a lie, that was one of my many flaws.

"Miss Parks?" He prompted.

I sighed. "My school work."

"That's it, Mr.Wells, I got you now. The principal will have to expel you this time." You would think it was odd how much he wanted Jaden gone but he wasn't just my bully he liked to bully teachers as well or at least make more work for them.

     Oh no... don't leave the classroom. I knew that they'd all jump on me then. Just then the fire alarm went off and the sprinklers started. I threw my binder in my bag and ran out of the classroom with my hands over my head.

I didn't know if there was a real fire or not. The paper Jaden set on fire burned so quick it wouldn't have been able to reach the sprinklers in the roof. I didn't waste a single second pondering this though and ran out the side doors off the main hallway in the school.

When I reached the grass I sat down on the curb. I slid my glasses from my head and dried them with a dry part of my shirt. I was glad I had worn a jacket today, I slipped it off and wrapped it all into a ball, tucking the body into the hood. I put them in my purse and checked out the school building. It was plain old red brick with a blue tin roof. Oakwood High School. "The place where dreams are made." Well at least that's how our principal puts it. I didn't have a single friend here and the way kids acted I was kinda grateful for it.
My thoughts were interrupted by a voice near my ear. "So... you think you can just get away with ratting me out." Great Jaden.

"I told the truth. That's all that was."

"Trashy, you aren't foolin' anyone. You want me gone just as bad as the principal. As you can tell no one ever pins anything on me. No one gets the chance. Half aren't smart enough and the other half..." he shoves my head with his palm, putting down more and more pressure until it gets hard to breathe properly. "are to scared. And they have every right to be. I would be part of the second half if I were yo-"

He never finished. His hold on my head vanished and I flicked my head up. Catching my breath I twisted around in the grass and followed the sound of groans. I saw Jaden flipped over in the grass on his back, clutching his side. His buddies rushed up to him trying to cater to him.

I then saw a pair of shoes walk closer to me, three others followed. I made a slow trail with my eyes up to see four of the most beautiful faces I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. They all ranged differently one was masculine, looked very athletic, the second was nerdy, a book worm like me, the third and fourth were twins, who both dressed wildly different. One was dressed up in slacks and a white dress shirt and the other twin was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. The athletic one had on a polo and khaki shorts along with a letterman jacket. And the boy with glasses had on  jeans with a see through white shirt, which took away from the nerdy look a bit.

     The boy with glasses stuck out his hand with a kind smile on his face. But that didn't lead me to think about all the options. Such as: helping me up just to shove me back down again or even pretending to help me only to gain my trust and use me as a homework machine and dump me the next day. Both had happened to me.

     But I didn't think he would do either for some reason and slowly reached my hand up and shifted it into his. He pulled me to my feet. I looked around at the other three, All were staring at me as if afraid I would run given the chance. It was a safe assumption to make.

     The guy with glasses brought my attention back to him when he began to speak, "Hi, are you okay?"

     "Yeah... thank you for the help." I look back to see Jaden was no longer laying on the grass but sitting up a few feet away, glaring daggers at me.

     I gulped. He spoke again. "I'm Keegan James." He pointed at the muscular dude, "That's Shawn Teller." He pointed at the twins from left to right, "And those two are Christopher and Zachary Claymont."

     They all looked as if they could be models. I compared looked like a hot mess, with my dirty blond hair tied back in a messy bun, jeans and almost frayed t-shirt, and my signature gray converse shoes. I took a deep steadying breath, "I'm Melody Parks."

An alarm sounded and we all turned to see teachers waving students inside. I smiled and turned from them hurrying to get inside and to my next class.

~•~

What I hadn't known was they had made me the target of the attention and at the end of that meeting had swore to recruit me and protect me from all harm.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Please, please, please leave me comments. I need feedback and I honestly want to know what you think.
While I have written a few things I have left them unfinished because I had run out of ideas but I promise to continue to update this one! I have some great ideas but remember I'm no bestselling author so please keep that in mind when reading this book! Hope you like it!
Tons of love!💝
~ARK