ONE

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."—Christopher Robin to Pooh, A.A. Milne

Tiwa's POV

I have never imagined my life to be this crumbled and jumbled. Life has shown both sides to me, but as Luther King once said if you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, just keep going and that is what am doing Gabriel,  I'll do this for you absorb it all, endure the pain, stick to my promise just for you bro.

"Tiwa! Tiwa!!" Aunt Abigael but Abby for short called out but busted into my coven I called a room.

Speaking of the devil, my aunt, my dad brother's wife, my supposed mom, evil it self, devilish, in her late thirties but with a look of late fifties appealing to the deep scar that ran across her forehead.

"You were not expecting me to call you for the third time right" she exploded as a thunderous slap landed on my left cheek.

"I...I..was...a..bout to answer ma" I stammered fighting the tears that was forming in my eyes.

"Liar"another slap landed on my face causing me to stumble backward.

"Go to my room and pack those dirty clothes you called clean and wash them again and when you are done washing, rearrange my wardrobe and fold all those clothes" she ordered giving me the death glance which signals that I dare not argue with her.

I panicked and ran to her room, or should I say formally my mom's room.

Everything changed, I remember our family portrait hanging proudly on the wall, the rose flower vase, the blue shelf where my mom keeps her books. I remember my dad's precious little aquarium. I remember running into my dad's large arms after offending my mom.

But now all those memories are gone, they have been washed down the drain and replaced with terrible bitter experience.

I miss my parents.

I miss them so much.

It was like the world should come to an end when we learnt that my parent had a car accident when returning from their date.

Our personal driver had driven my brother and I down to the hospital but then my dad was gone and my mom was terribly injured.

________________________________
Five years ago

"Mom" I cried out gently as I approached her to touch her finger. She struggled to turn her head to look at me before squeezing my hand softly.

"Ti...tiwa.tiwatope" she called me in pains as most of her body was bandaged and stained with blood.

"Mom, will you be okay?" I asked as I used my left hand to wipe the tears that had fallen.

"I...I..I don't think so but don't worry your uncle Philip and aunt Ab will take care of you" she said faintly while faking a weak and painful smile

"But I don't want them mommy, I want you" I said between tears.

"Sweetheart you have to be strong for your brother"

Gabriel has been crying uncontrollable since we learnt that our parent had an accident.

"Uncle Philip will take good care of you and your brother, be a good girl tiwa"

"Mommy please don't leave us alone" i was crying hard now. I knew my uncle was wicked and he wouldn't take care of us.

"I won't leave you , I will always be with you both, you have to trust me"

"I do trust you mom"

"I won't leave you......." The computer was beeping fast, the doctor's ran inside and we were shoved outside by my uncle.

Few hours later we received the news

'she was gone'

My world shattered, Gabriel was still crying but I could not cry, there was no more tears to shed except if my eye would pop out, I was twelve years and left alone by my parent in this wicked world

Days passed and my uncle took over my dad business. My brother and I suffered a great deal in their hands and I could not protect my brother.

Live was truly hard for us with no one to rely on except the saying that no situation is permanent but that is for people who has a hope.

But my own case is different as the only hope I had clinged on was bitterly shredded away from my little hands.

_________________________________________

I have finally decided to write this and I hope you write it.
Feel free to ask me about anything you don't understand.
It was more of a prologue please just bear with me.
Am sorry about the typos.
Don't forget to vote and comment.
One love 💖💖💖💖💖