Belle

"Mistress? Mistress Sophie? Why are you here? You look pale and you are all sweaty...are you sick? " Sophie slowly opened her eyes and saw Belle, Father's assistant, supporting her in her firm arms. "B-Belle...where am i..where's Daddy?" Sophie struggled to get up but her arms and legs were sore. "Lets go to your room first and rest..here let me help you.." Belle said softly.

"Feel better? " Sophie nodded while drinking a cup of warm milk. It was morning and the sunlight peeked through the lace curtains. Belle then took the glass over and lay her mistress down on the bed. Sophie had flashbacks of the night's horror and bit her lip nervously. "Mistress Sophie...is there something bothering you? " Sophie told Belle everything that she saw last night. Belle had a glimpse of shock in her brown eyes but it disappeared quickly. Belle gave a reassuring smile and said,

"Dont worry....it might just be a nightmare. You take a rest now while i go make some lunch for you and your Father. Do you prefer stew with garlic bread or baked lamb with fries? " Belle smiled. " I would stick with the second one...thank you Belle..oh and..where is Father?" Belle was silent. " He didnt go to his room to sleep last night right? I know..daddy is always sleeping in the basement..with.." " OH Mistress..dont think wrong of us! Im just his assistant in his projects...nothing more,nothing less...you better get some rest..see you later,Mistress. " With that ,Belle straightened her uniform and stepped out of the room politely. Sophie narrowed her eyes. Although she is only a child, she did not like having a woman to replace Mother's position so quickly.

Sophie lay in bed, thinking of yesterday's incident. "..the corspe..it looks like mother..ah but alas, shes dead, as what Father Peter said the dead cant rise." She shook the awful scene from her head and hugged the doll beside her. It was a beautifully made doll given by her father, that Sophie once thought it looked like a real girl. Hugging the doll tightly, she fell asleep again.

It was darkness around her. It was cold and lonely. Then, Sophie heard a voice singing in the tune of Greensleeves, another child's voice. " I was once a girl like you~ A girl that could sing and dance for you~ I saw pretty flowers~ red, blue, yellow~ i would pick the prettiest ones for you~ " The doll that she hugged, appeared infront of her. It was dressed in its usual black dress and black shoes,with a red ribbon round its waist. Sophie gasped " Dont tell me...you are really once a girl...like me?! " The doll smiled and faded back into darkness.

Sophie blinked and found herself in a room. It smelled of flesh and blood. She saw a surgery bed in the middle of the room. Father and Belle were there. She walked over and saw another girl lying on the bed.

"Doctor...are you sure you want this girl? " Belle asked

"Yes, she is the one...Sophie would love it. Quick! There's no time to lose. Now its..9.50pm. Her birthday would be in 2hours time! Prepare all the neccessary equipments and the drug. " Father hurried Belle.

"All set...wait...but we are out of anesthesia drugs...should i go and get some at the drug store? But i might not make it back in time..." Belle and Father started to look worried.

"Im sorry,Girl...we still have to proceed...without the drug..." Father told the girl lying on the bed, coldly.

"P-PLEASE LET ME G-GO! I WONT TELL ANYONE WHAT HAPPENED...I-I WILL GET A NICE GIFT FOR YOUR D-DAUGHTER...SOPHIE IS IT? P-PLEA--" The girl cried and plead for mercy.

"Belle...start" Father whispered.

"NOO FATHER! NOOOO I DONT WANT A DOLL ANYMORE! PLEASE LET THE GIRL GO! NOOOOOO FA-" Sophie screamed and rushed forward, hoping to stop them. But with a flick of his fingers, Belle flunged a knife into the girl's belly and blood gushed out. The whole room was filled with animal like screams. The atmosphere was disgusting and bloody. Sophie stood there, petrified. "No...no...NOOOO...Why..why her....i didnt want a doll made from another girl...NOOOO WHYYYYY WHYYYYYYYYYY FATHERRRRRRRRR."

Sophie sat straight up on her bed. Her entire back was soaked in sweat and her hair were all stuck onto the sides of her face. She was gasping for air and blood slid out from her nose. This always happens when she is in complete shock or fright. This time,it was both. Sophie started crying and she kept hugging the doll. "I-IAM S-SORRY...ITS ALL MY FAULT! IF ONLY I DIDNT INSIST IN WANTING A DOLL..YOU WOULDNT HAVE DIED..*sobs* I-IM SORRY..." Then, a gentle voice rang in her head...almost as if it came from the doll itself. " Its okay Sophie..I had cancer at that point too...my days werent long either,...so dont be so hard on yourself..i know you are really shocked, maybe i shouldnt have show you that bloody scene..im sorry Sophie. But now, your father is in danger. The angry spirits that your Father had harmed, they had returned, they are going to drag him to hell. I hate your father, but you took care of me as a doll, so i would like to at least tell you this...take care and i wish you all the best,Sophie"

Sophie wiped away her tears and arranged her hair but to place with the red ribbon from the doll. She felt as if the doll wanted her to bring the ribbon along as a good luck charm. "Thank you doll...I got a feeling you are called Lisa..haha..thank you Lisa.." Sophie stroked the doll's golden locks and placed it gently on her pillow.

" Alright..now..ive got to save Father." Sophie opened the door and stepped into the hallway bravely. "Father...are you alright? Im coming..wait for me. Sophie will come and save you...even if it takes fighting monsters.." She grabbed a nearby baseball bat and walked downstairs,enveloped by darkness...and a strange smell of rotting flesh hung in the stagnent air.