Chapter 1: Lazy spring day

Ah spring break the most underrated break that we all knew we needed at some point. the time of the year to relax outside with the beautiful flowers,the cold breeze with the hot sun, the time of year with laughter,happiness, And the perfect time to update your spring sales on your online store!...well that is If you're louie.

The time of the year when everything is peaceful. Louie was outside relaxing while working on His online business he just soled another balloon of spoiled milk (His big money maker) he hasn't moved for three hours and he's already make twenty six dollars, Yup nothing could spoil a day like this.

"LOUIE!"Scrooge called "where are ye' lad?"scrooge yelled.

Except that, Louie didn't answer in hopes Scrooge will just go away But of course that didn't happen Scrooged eventually found him.

"Lad where have ye' been?"Scrooge asked "Didn't ye' hear me calling?"He asked.

"Sorry Uncle Scrooge"Louie said "But youll never guess how much money I made on my new online store this week!"Louie said excited he pulled up his status on his phone to show Scrooge when he snatched the phone from his hand.

"This again?"Scrooge asked "Lad this is no way to make money!"He said.

"yeah because there's only one way right?"Louie asked sarcastically.

"Don't take that tone with me lad' I know a lot more about theses things then you do im older, I'm wiser, and I've actually been into business. And you don't have any of those qualitys do ya lad?"Scrooge asked.

"I have my own business in fact I've made nine-"Louie started to say

"I'm not discussing this any further, I just came to tell you to get your stuff we're off to find the mystery of the ferbithion sloth"Scrooge said excited.

"I'll pass"Louie said

"Again?"he asked

"I'm only into it if treasures involved somehow"Louie explained

"blast it all...why not take the time to spend with yer family?"He asked

"when my family wants to do something I care about I might consider it."He said playing on his phone.

"Yer so selfish lad all ye' care about is money!"He yelled "and thats coming from me, if you want something you work hard for it staying here on that's blasted phone isn't doing ye' much good!"He said

"Well sorry but I don't care about hard work the way you do so why don't you just leave me alone?"Louie said annoyed.

"I don't know exactly where this laziness came from lad but certainly not from me!"He said "in fact there's nothing about you that relates to me at all or yer uncle Donald or even..."he paused

"or even who?"Louie asked

"it doesn't matter, the point is this is like Gladstone or glomgold and I know you wouldn't want to grow up like they did!"He said

"Maybe I do but you wouldn't know because you don't even know me!"Louie snapped.

Scrooge took Louie's phone again "you'll get this back at the end of the day, let's see you make money without it"He said about to walk away.

Louie just frowned and looked the other way.

Scrooge didn't mean to be so hard on him but he didn't want him to grow up to scam people or be greedy like he use to be. He wanted to teach him there's more to life then electronics and money, It's only worth it if you work for it.

Scrooge walked back inside and yelled "Dewey,Webby,Huey better hurry before it's too late!"He yelled

"Sorry Uncle Scrooge"Dewey said

"I got all the things we'll need on this trip including extra water,Sunscreen and of course the Jr woodchuck guidebook at hand."Huey said feeling proud.

Thats the thing though, Dewey was adventurous and courageous like scrooge, and Huey is intelligent and vigilant like he was but he couldn't find anything about Louie that was like him whatsoever they grabbed their gear and took off leaving Louie behind with Mrs beakley who honestly didn't know he was still there.

Louie knew that he shouldn't let Scrooges words get to him, I mean after all they're just words they can leave you bruised but you choose what affects you or not Louie knew if he pretended not to care it wouldn't mean anything to him later.

Despite acting like everything was fine he was hurting he was trying to avoid it, trying not to cry or show any emotion whatsoever. He walked back inside to webby's room just looking around when he found a stack of files on the mcduck family, He wondered if he could find something that shows he's anything like his uncle he started going through looking for anything useful when something caught his eye A File on Della duck. Louie opened it and saw the picture Uncle Donald gave them a long time ago,

"figures we only have one picture of our mom to remember her and webby takes it I tell ya what has this world come to?"He asked himself

there was a few notes from the library when webby and Dewey were looking for more information. It said she was brave,smart and trustworthy but not much after that. Louie felt even worse he's not even like his own mother He was nothing, Worse then nothing.

"Hello caddie"said a voice behind him

"woah what I didn't-"Louie saw glomgold and sighed with relief "First of all you gotta stop calling me that's and second what do you want? I'm not in the mood"He said

"I need you to come with me on a mission to find The golden gobblet"Glomgold said.

"why would I help you?"He asked

"because your Uncle was right, you're nothing like him!"He whispered to him to make it more dramatic.

"Are you spying on me?"He asked

"I spy on scrooge you just happen to be there so let's go!"He said ending with an evil laugh.

"umm no"Louie said and started to walk away when two other guys grabbed him

"I don't believe I asked you if you wanted to"