Prologue

Azalea Verdine did not like to lose. As a Slytherin, it was in her nature. Along with her competitive and ambitious nature, she was cunning, vile, and cruel. And, she was a phenomenal witch.

From the young age of one, she exhibited signs of being a witch. They were simple signs: her toys levitated and moved around the nursery.

Being the mischievous child that she was, a three-year-old Azalea was exploring the balcony, and she began to climb through the gaps in the stone fence. Before anyone could stop her, the child fell.

Now, a Muggle child would have died from a fall from that height. But, Azalea was a witch. The child escaped the three-story fall without a scratch on her. The happy child came to a stop an inch above the ground, then lowered slowly onto the grass.

Not paying any mind to the fact that she could have died, Azalea stood up and began toddling elsewhere.

As Azalea grew, so did her power. And one July morning, an owl delivered an envelope with a red seal holding it shut. Azalea Verdine was going to Hogwarts.

The young girl had a successful first year. She was sorted into Slytherin, gained a group of loyal and like-minded friends, won the hearts of her professors, discovered her strengths, and finished the year at the top of her class.

Well, she shared the position with another Slytherin.

Her second year was no different. Azalea continued to excel in all of her classes, especially potions. Like the previous year, she had the highest marks.

Azalea's years at Hogwarts had a similar pattern. She made friends and enemies, and she made high marks.

However, she had no idea that her sixth year would be the year she clashed with her only competition.