Sixteen: Welcome Home

The rest of Christmas holiday was peaceful. There were no attempted murders, no dark magic, and no conflict between Tom Riddle and Azalea Verdine. Both students struggled with internal conflict, but they didn't dare mention it to one another.

Azalea was calm. Despite doing many things she hadn't dreamed of, she knew that Tom had everything under control and that she needn't worry. She didn't even question the man at the Leaky Cauldron even though she knew that he, or whoever sent him, would come into play later.

The companions enjoyed their quiet days, as they both knew that few days like the late end of their holiday would occur. As was to be expected, desire crept up into them as one half of the pair would often end up in the other's bed. What was unexpected were the tender moments they shared. It was almost as if they were normal teenagers exploring the thought of love.

Those moments were often cut off by carnal desire. Anything else would be unnatural for the two.

Azalea was laying next to Tom, a sheen of sweet on her glowing face. It was late, but her mind was awake. She rolled over and met his eyes. "Care to tell me what's in the book the centaur gave you in the clearing?" she asked.

"Normally, pillow-talk is a lot less serious," Tom scoffed.

Azalea sat up, not caring that the bedsheet had slid down to a point where she was almost exposed. "Does anything about me remind you of one of your normal shags?" she asked.

"You're far better," Tom responded, pulling her closer. He brushed her black locks out of the way and began softly kissing her neck.

"I asked you a question," Azalea said sternly, desperately trying to keep her voice steady. Her neck was sensitive, and she knew Tom was exploiting that weakness.

Tom looked up at her and smiled. "I'd rather do this," he replied, sliding his hand under the sheets to her soft thighs.

Azalea grabbed his wrist. "Tom," she began.

"Azalea," the cunning boy responded, cutting her off as he kissed her softly. "Let me have my fun," he whispered in an almost desperate manner.

"You've had your fun," Azalea said. She saw Tom disappear under the covers. "Tom Riddle, I swear to every fucking deity, if you-"

She was cut off by him doing exactly what she told him not to do. Azalea's breath hitched, and she made a miserable attempt at keeping quiet.

"You'll what?" Tom taunted.

She felt his tongue there for a moment, then felt him leave.

"Exactly. Now, why don't you relax for a moment? I'll answer your questions when I'm done," Tom said smugly, knowing that he'd won.

"You're the most insufferable, arrogant-"

Tom shut her up.

\\\

Azalea waved her wand and folded the last article of clothing before closing her trunk. She stood up and smoothed her hair down. The holiday had done her a lot of good. She was as radiant as ever.

"Azalea," Tom called from his room.

She rolled her eyes and walked into the adjacent bedroom. "What?" Azalea asked.

"The book is full of centaur potions, poisons, herbs, and remedies," Tom said with hidden admiration in his voice.

Azalea gave him a small smile. "You couldn't have said that last night?" she asked with a smirk.