Twelve: Changing Everything

Azalea practically leaped out of bed, a shiver shooting up her body as soon as her bare feet hit the cold floor. Her thoughts were in a whirlwind as she looked from the still-sleeping Tom Riddle to the door. She grabbed a folded Slytherin uniform on a chair adjacent to the large bed and paced over to the mirror. As she buttoned the white dress shirt, Azalea couldn't help but notice a trail of love bites beginning at one side of her neck and traveling down to her chest.

"Merlin," Azalea groaned as she finished tying her tie. She yanked on a pair of grey socks and stepped into black flats before grabbing her wand and rushing out of the Room of Requirement.

The corridors were practically empty as Azalea made her way to the Slytherin Common Room. She assumed that everyone was at breakfast. The walk of shame back to the common room gave Azalea time to think of how to go about her situation. When she passed a stack of trunks outside the Great Hall, she sighed loudly.

"So much for avoiding him," Azalea muttered. She hurried down the stairs to the dungeon and made her way to the common room. "Cunning," Azalea said. As soon as the door slid open, she hurried inside the common room.

"So," a startling and familiar voice said, "you're back."

Isabella Black was perched on the arm of a sofa with a knowing grin on her face.

"Yeah," Azalea responded, "I left for breakfast early."

"Liar," Isabella chuckled. "I know what sex hair looks like, and you've got it."

Azalea clenched her teeth and pursed her lips for a split second. "You know my hair is a bit-"

"Pullable," Isabella interjected with a smirk. "So, who was it?"

The stone door to the common room slid open behind Azalea.

"Oh, I see," Isabella laughed.

Azalea turned around and made eye contact with her rival, date, and latest hookup. She whipped her head back around. "It's not like that," she said.

Isabella slid off the couch and walked towards the door. Brushing her hand against Azalea's shoulder, the redhead said, "I'll make an excuse for you. You two have some talking to do."

With that, Isabella sauntered off, leaving Tom and Azalea looking at each other with the same stern expression.

"When I asked if you were getting me drunk, it was a joke, not a suggestion," Azalea said with a fake, close-lipped smile.

"You aren't the only one who's got a hangover, Verdine," Tom replied.

Azalea laughed. "Verdine? Do you refer to the other girls you've fucked by their last names?"

"You aren't the only one who's got a hangover, Azalea. Happy now?" Tom said bitterly. "This is just as much your fault as it is mine."

Azalea sighed and let her shoulders drop. "I know," she responded. "I have to go pack and change. I'll see you tonight."

Tom nodded, then ran a hand through his slightly tangled hair. "Do you remember what I told you?" he asked.

"Yes," Azalea responded.

She turned and headed into the girls' dormitory. Azalea quickly changed into a pair of black pants and a white sweater before piling everything she needed to bring on her trip onto her bed. Then, everything was folded and packed with a wave of her wand. Azalea exhaled through her teeth, then tied her hair in a low ponytail.

"Introducing Azalea Verdine, the girl who royally fucked herself," she muttered while flicking her wand at her trunk. The trunk lifted a foot off of the floor and levitated to Azalea.