Three

M A R Y

He was starting to be the Niall that I fell in love with. His determination was humbling to say the least. I missed his ocean blue eyes sparkling the way they do when he smiles. I guess that’s one of things that made me fall for him. His sunglasses came off, and his eyes pierced through me. It was hard to stay away, or mad to say the least.

Although, since Niall has been gone I’ve confided in writing my feelings down in this book. It’s weird, because I’ve always been used to being so vocal about how I felt about something. But without Niall here, I had no one to ramble to. Of course, Tony would come around a few times a week, but I could in no way talk to him about his brother. I couldn’t tell this little boy that what his brother did, hurt me in a way I’ve never felt before. That even though I came from an abusive house hold, nothing hurt worse than when Niall left me in a white gown in that church.

I was pulled from my thought process by a few knocks on the bedroom window. I put my pen down, and walked over to the source. I pushed open the curtains and suddenly a smile slid onto my lips. It wasn’t like I could hold it back either. Seeing Niall staring at me from the other side of the glass, with a shy smirk on his face, it was hard to not smile in return.

“What are you doing?” I grinned, shaking my head lightly.

“Starting over. This is how it kind of started isn’t it? You’re not supposed to be in your room though.” He sighed, “But I’m coming in anyway.” He pulled himself through the window, and straightened his clothing out before sitting on the foot of my bed. “You have to say it.”

“I’m not in the mood Horan.” I crossed my arms, staying firm in my place.

“Good Good.” He whispered, clearing his throat before speaking up once more. “Mary, you wanted to know about me so badly, and here I am. Ask away.”

“That’s not how it went.” I laughed, bringing down my arms from my chest.

“Without the pain, remember? Now just play along.”

I sighed, rolling my eyes playfully and continuing on. “I-n”

                        “How about you just get out with me for awhile?”

                        “Hey, you didn’t let me say anything! How am I supposed to go along with it, if you don’t let me talk?” I giggled, looking down at our hands that were now together in one swift motion.

                        “You just have to trust me.” He shrugged, “I’m not going to hurt you.” He paused, looking at my eyes until he spoke again. “From this point on, I’m not going to hurt you, Mary.”

                        “I’ve heard that one before, Horan.” I grinned, tugging at his arm till we both stood in front of the open window.

                        “You climb down first, and I’ll follow.” He joked, knowing that there would be no climbing in this instance.

            ---

            We were already a few blocks from the house, and I imagine that Tony had gone to Aubrey’s while Niall decided to take this adventure as a way to start over. The only sound around was the sound of our shoes against the gravel, and snow covered path Niall had taken us on.