2

•did i misread the sign? your hand slipped into mine, i wasn't expecting that. you spent the night in my bed, you woke up and you said: "well, i wasn't expecting that."•

louis and harry have been talking for days when harry asks louis on a date. harry didn't say date but louis sure did. harry said he was going to be at louis' apartment at 7 p.m. sharp. it's 6:30 p.m. and louis doesn't know what to wear. he will not call niall because he doesn't know how to dress himself so he calls harry. he answers on the fourth ring.
"hello?" he answers, and god, did his voice make louis wanna scream.
"hey, harry. i need help." louis answers, embarrassed.
"with what? are you okay?" harry questions in a worried tone and louis swoons so hard.
"no, i'm fine. what do i wear, harry?" and louis wants to die when he hears the most angelic laugh in the universe.
"wear anything you want, love. jeans and a hoodie would work, since it's quite chilly today," harry mumbles the last part and louis blushes. he cares about me.
"okay! thanks, harry!" louis exclaims. harry chuckles and bids a goodbye, claiming he will be on his way shortly. louis looks at his floor and sighs. what a mess, he thinks. he quickly picks up a pair of tight, black jeans, that make his bum look amazing, and a blue sweater. putting them on while he grabs his shoes and fumbles with his hair. he smiled in the mirror and grabbed a jean jacket, in case he- harry gets cold, unaware harry did the same. harry arrives at 6:59 p.m. and louis wants to roll his eyes but he can't. he walks out of his home and harry quickly jumps out and opens the door for louis and then walks back around to his side. louis buckles up and harry starts driving, it's silent. louis reaches for the radio but harry grabs his hand brings it back to his thigh. he wraps his fingers around louis' and squeezes every so often.

they arrive at their destination and louis has his head against the window, sleeping, harry thinks. he coos and gently shakes him.
"lou, baby. didn't know i was boring you that much," he muttered, quietly. louis stirred and looked at harry with a dopey grin.
"you don't bore me, hazza," he mumbled, sleepily. harry grinned, rubbing louis' thigh.
"we can g-go in now, 'arry," louis mumbles shyly and harry nods absently. louis smiles and gets out of the car, effectively waking harry from his trance, which by the way what, and walks toward the entrance. he could hear harry trying to catch up so he slowed down, feeling shocked when harry slipped his hand into his own. harry opens the door for louis and smiles when he blushes.

"reservations for styles," harry says politely. the hostess nods and leads them to a nice, leather booth located in a dimly lit area. the hostess smiles and places the menus down, claiming the waiter will be with them shortly. louis looks at harry and blushes when he smiles at him.

"hi, baby," harry mumbles, reaching for louis' hand.

"hello, harry. this is a fancy place," louis announces, blushing lightly. harry chuckles, bringing louis' hand to his mouth and kissing his knuckles. louis giggles and looks down.

"hello, i'm jake and i'll be your server tonight. what can i get you to drink, sir?" the waiter asks louis, not looking at harry once. harry notices and frowns, which louis quickly notices.
"can i have a water?" louis asks, though it was rhetorical. jake nods and looks at harry.
"for you?" jake asks, sneaking glances at louis. louis was beginning to grow uncomfortable, and harry noticed because of his fidgeting.
"i'll have the same as my boyfriend, thanks," harry responds curtly. and louis, well, he's freaking out because boyfriend. jake nods, displeased, and walks away.

dinner went on smoothly after that, both of them ordering spaghetti which louis regretted because it was so messy. harry didn't mind though and louis was glad. louis didn't want the night to end and so he asked harry something he never thought he could.
"harry?" he mumbles quietly.
"yes, baby?" harry replies, grabbing louis' thigh.
"can i go to yours with you? i don't want to leave," he claims, looking down. harry grins so wide and lifts louis' head up.
"of course you can, love," louis smiles shyly, kissing harry's hand that was holding his face.

louis woke up in a bed that wasn't his and he felt arms around his waist. he wanted to cry because wow i was not expecting this. harry awoke with a smile and he kissed louis' shoulder.
"mornin', babe. want breakfast?" harry mumbles in louis' neck.