16th birthday|| Ruby

A/N : Play the song when i say so it makes more sense. or don't . it's totally up to you:)
----------------------

i awoke to the sound of a opened hand slapping my door.

"Rise and shine birthday girl." the voice of my little brother,Ruby, rang through the room.

it was my 16th birthday and Ruben, or as we like to call him Ruby, was making it his #1 priority. as he does every year since i was 6, even when i moved away he was micromanaging the entire thing.

Ruby isn't really my brother. he's the son of my mother's best friend. when my mother past away i came back to Freeridge to live with them, she raised me so i see her as my second mom. and we're the same age but technically i'm 1 month older so hens fourth why i call him "little brother". He sees me like his sibling.. but i wish he didn't .. everyone in the group knows that i have this huge crush on him except him..

i pulled my sheets over my head in attempt to fall back asleep.

"Y/N come on. we have a very big day ahead of us."

"que hora es?" i croaked.

"9:27"

i groaned letting my head hit the pillow again.

"Y/N we don't have time for this! you have your nail appointment in 18 minutes and 26 seconds, let's go!" the short Latino boy exclaimed pulling the blankets off me.

"Fine! i'm up!" i snapped, getting up from my bed.

i stomped toward my closet making it known to Ruby that i was upset.

"You already have clothes on!" he wined.

"I'm cold!" i barked back. making him stay silent.

i placed a black hoodie over my body and furry black slides on my feet. i made my way to the restroom. i brushed my teeth and put my hair in a messy bun. i walked out and Ruby was already waiting by the door with my keys. i snatched the keys from his hands and walked out the door letting it slam in his face. I got in the car and started it still infuriated with him for waking me up so early

* * *

we walked out of the nail salon and right next door to the hair salon.

"She messed up! they're way too long! i wanted you to look like a princess not a hooker." Ruby complained while studying my nails as we entered the hair place.

"Chulo, don't worry about it. they're fine." i reassured him took my hand away and taking a seat in the waiting area.

about 2 hours later the hairstylist turned my chair around so that i faced the mirror. my eyes lit up at the sight of my beautiful light brown curls & my perfectly caked face.

"Wow... you look amazing." Ruby gushed, not breaking his gaze from me like he was in a trance.

i began to blush.

"You really think so?" i questioned looking up at him.

"uhh..*clears throat* f-for sure! i mean come on my sister is always looking beautiful." he stuttered nervously.

oh. did you hear that? it was the sound of my heart breaking a little bit more.

i gave him a fake smile then immediately looked away trying to hide the hurt behind my eyes.